Breaking Free

*A bit of warning here for a tiny bit of dark theme of abuse / domestic violence. 

Kasumi knew she couldn't avoid this issue forever, but she really wish she could.

But the fact of the matter was, she had to return back to that place again.

She would rather be in a graveyard and face ghost than return back to that place again, especially when she knew what was waiting for her there. But... She couldn't just allow this to take over her life forever, for her sake and Oko's.

After asking for another day off, which was granted to her by a rather relieved superior that she was finally taking a break despite the fact she was on a one-day vacation a mere two weeks ago for the zoo, she also made sure to tell Tsumura that she would be away on important matters for the day and asked her to watch over Oko.

"Of course Kasumi!" Tsumura said, her eyes bright with passion and kindness that Kasumi just couldn't help but smile back at. Tsumura patted Oko's head, who looked up at her with knowing eyes. "You don't even need to ask Kasumi, I'll gladly look over Oko."

Even though Kasumi knew that for the fact, just hearing the confirmation just made Kasumi smile gratefully as she bowed at the flustering and exaggerated Tsumura.

"Honestly, you don't need to bow to me Kasumi! I've already got enough of that from Tatsui!"

Kasumi simply smiled before turning to Oko, crouching down to his eye-level and brushing his longer hair away from his violet eyes. Kasumi kissed his forehead.

"I'll be back soon, Oko, I promise. Be good for Tsumura, alright?"

"I-I promise Mom..."

Giving him another kiss on the forehead and hugging him very tightly, she said goodbye t Tsumura and to Nemesis and Ayano before leaving the house, where she met with Tatsui who was driving a rental car that Kasumi had rented. Taking the passenger seat, she bowed her head to Tatsui.

"Thank you for accompanying me Tatsui, I just needed someone with me."

"Anything for a friend Kasumi," Tatsui said earnestly as he started driving off after waving goodbye to the others. "But... Are you sure you want to bring me along? Why not Tsumura? I could have easily watched over the children."

"O-Oh! I'm sorry, I should've asked if you wanted to help me today!" Kasumi flustered. "I-I am so very sorry-"

"Please Kasumi! I already agreed!" Tatsui exclaimed, sweating as Kasumi continued apologizing and bowing her head repeatedly. "I'm just curious about the reason. And we're going to your home right?"

Kasumi nodded, worrying her lip as she looked uncomfortable. But before Tatsui could take back what he said, Kasumi shook her head and pushed through with confidence.

"W-We are going to my home... I... Tsumura was right, I can't continue wearing the same 3 pair of clothes that I have, and neither can Oko... I could buy some more pair of clothes, we're not exactly lacking in money. But... There are some things I want to retrieve from there first."

Kasumi was leaving out a lot of things, and Tatsui felt his stomach sink in trepidation, but Tatusi kept his mouth shut and nodded, keeping his eyes on the road. He didn't know exactly what was going on, but he knew that Tatsui had to be fully aware at all times.

"A-As for why I can't bring Tsumura... I... Oh, I feel so embarrassed. I want to tell Tsumura, I trust her with Oko so I should...! But... I'm scared... Tatsui, please keep this a secret will you! Please!"

Tatsui could only nod at Kasumi's desperate tone, appeasing the silver-haired woman and relaxed slightly.

"T-Thank you..."