Prologue

Invisible

Different. That's all I've ever known. That I'm different from the rest of them. That I'm a shame in my family for being different, for being something else. The black sheep is what I am. I'm not considered normal, I'm anything but normal. I'm just a human, born in a family of werewolves. A long respected family bloodline of werewolves, and I'm not like them. Yet, I carry their blood and their genes. My name is Willow Blossom, the human born in a werewolf family and this is my story.

.•*•.

To understand who I am is best to start from the beginning. The day I was born, or the day that would be marked in history as the day that a human was born into a pure blood werewolf family line. Werewolves look like humans, talk like humans and eat like humans. However, they are more powerful than all the human race put together and therefore are the superior of them. Because of this, humans are slaves to the werewolves and often considered nothing. Werewolves have the ability to change the human physical form into a beast, a wolf.

The way that I was born was different from the rest, my mother gave birth to me in the forest like any other werewolf child that is born. But I was not born as a wolf cub and I bore no werewolf traits as the rest of my family have. I was born a human baby and is unable to transform into a werewolf. As a result, I'm frowned upon and not considered part of the family. I'm not even allowed to bear their name, the family I grew up in and love with my whole heart doesn't even love my little finger.

For years, I've spent every waking moment, doing everything they ask me. Without questioning. Without denial and without hesitation. Only to seek their approval and in hopes to one day become one of them. My family, my parents and my two older brothers are ashamed of me and often if not always pretends that I don't exist. Sometimes, I believe that I've become a ghost, someone no one sees or even glances at. When all I've ever wanted is someone to care for me, is that so much to ask for?

.•*•.

Copyright © 2019 by Bjorg Halla

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.