Chapter 16

Invisible

.•*•.XVI.•*•.

     The heart within my chest beats faster than it has ever done before, of that I am sure and my whole body is finding itself hot yet in the best way possible and in a way that I can't seem to be able to explain, there is a mixture of happiest and joy inside me yet also this uncertainty that lingers around and tells me that I'm not sure of what is about to happen yet I get the feeling that Nick is about to kiss. However each second is so slow that it feels like a minute has passed for every second that does pass by. His face is so close to me and it grows even closer as the seconds\minutes pass by. My lungs are burning from the pain for I had been holding in a breath that I had no clue what I was holding in. Slowly I find myself exhaling yet still holding some air inside my lungs for all of this is far too much, I can't seem to understand. I stare into his green eyes and I can find myself growing lost in them forever, like a forest that is the ocean of the world and it makes me want to jump straight into the middle where the deepest water is and I would not be drowning for I would allow the waves to keep me up above the surface and if it is their wish then I would allow them to drag me down into the deepest depths of the ocean where I would be lost forever yet I would not mind it at all, in fact I would love it. His lips are so close to mine that I can almost feel them touching and my body craves for them to touch and I long for the touch of his skin on mine. Just as they were about to touch this booming noise above us and all around us startles the both of us to the point that I, on instinct back away from him and instantly my head turns to look up at the night sky only to see the beautiful fireworks in all their glorious colors and wonders that they present to the world. I have always seen them from afar and through the leaves and branches of the trees but seeing them now is just incredible. The noise that they make are hurting my ears but that pain is worth the beauty that they hold and there is nothing that can compare to it, the fireworks are just pure magical and it seems magic is everywhere together, I would know.

Magic is the only thing that has made this night possible for me and it gave me something that has made me realize that I'm not alone in the world, that it will always look out for me and guide me to the right direction because the world wants me to go some path and I'm willing to follow it. "Look! They are just so beautiful, aren't they?" I ask Nick as I take a look at him. He has now come beside me but it feels like he isn't even watching the fireworks on the sky but rather me, somehow I can feel his eyes on me and I can't be sure on how I feel about it but I know it makes the shivers run wild on my body as they have done all night since I met him here. It doesn't really matter to me since I'm only looking at the wonders in the sky and how it can hold this much beauty as it is just so beautiful and seeing it closer than I have ever done before in my life makes them look even prettier and much more magical. When I am at the cabin I can see them but they are just so distant and instantly gone and they aren't as beautiful as they are now and I feel like I'm seeing them in another light which makes this look even better and the fact that I'm here seeing them is even stranger yet better at the same time and I can enjoy them for I barely looked at them at the cabin for they were so far away and I knew it had nothing to do with me. "Yes" Nick says and his deep voice is somehow heard despite the loud booming and popping noise from the fireworks. "You are" I hear him say and I'm confused at his words but I don't pay attention to that for it did feel like he was muttering it all to himself and I don't want to listen to that even when I did hear it. "Can we go back to the Feast, I want to see them even closer?" I ask Nick when I turn towards him but he's just looking at me and kind of lost somewhere in his mind so I don't wait for his approval.

On my own without Nick I began walking back to the Feast and not caring about leaving him there alone, I have already done that before and he will be able to find his way easily so I know it will be all right. I don't even know where I'm stepping as my eyes and my everything are just so focused on the sky and the beauty that lights them up, the fireworks that I can't stop looking at and I find myself not wanting to stop looking at them, even when I know that it will be soon when they will stop and I will not be able to see them yet then again there will always be the beauty that comes from the stars and the full moon that is just so majestic on the night sky. The fireworks do look beautiful surrounded by all the sparkling stars that are on the sky, which makes them look even prettier and the stars actually give them this depth that I can't seem to understand yet I don't want nor have to understand this. None of the things that I go through are things that I have to understand. However I don't need to look where I step or if I am going to step on something or even trip and hurt myself in the process, I feel like I don't need to worry of such things for somehow the glass slippers are able to lead me the way and they know exactly where to go, and somehow I feel like it is the same pull that I felt when the blue sphere light had pulled me towards the cave. It was like I was not in control yet was at the same time and it feels like that now yet I can feel it deep inside my own bones that they want to protect me and they want to make sure I'm safe and never allow anything to harm me or hurt me, I can't be sure of how I know this but my heart, body and soul just feel it deep inside me and I like this feeling because it reminds me that the magic in the shoes are here to help me and they are here to make sure that I have a great time. I can't remember what the person in the cave had said but I get the feeling that I'm living up to the words that they did speak and I'm doing what they wanted all along and hopefully I'm going to make them proud of me and show them that it was the right chose to give me those glass slippers and allow me to feel the magic that is inside them and gift me with something so extraordinary.