Chapter 17

Invisible

.•*•.XVII.•*•.

     The morning came rather quickly as I had slept soundly through the rest of the night but no sunlight had woken me up this morning and somehow I find that it is fitting for the sun to not make the grand entrance that it always likes to present to the world now as it matches the mood and feelings that I feel deep inside me now and I can't seem to be able to get rid of those feelings and neither do I want them to go. On a normal day I would be thrilled to even get a glimpse at the sun or the rays of beautiful sunlight and I would enjoy it with a joyful smile on my face like never before and it would be amazing. However this morning I feel differently then on normal as as I don't feel like I want to see the sun and feel the warmth that comes along with it nor do I feel like I want to do anything happy and joyful for I somehow feel like I don't want that. My face and my cheeks are stained with dried off tears from last night and the ashes and cinders from the fireplace and that where one the ground that I slept on coat my entire body like never before and while I would normally see beauty in that I just do not feel like I want to. I can't seem to understand why I have these feelings like I don't want to do anything, even lighting up the fireplace to keep myself warm and I certainly don't feel like cleaning or just about doing anything. Lying here for some time just staring up at the ceiling yet never truly seeing the ceiling for while it is day now I would have to assume it is still dark in the cabin, the sun is mostly what does light it up along with the fireplace. Though the ceiling does look good once it is in the darkness and while some might dismiss it I find that there is beauty in everything, even things that one might look at every day yet never see it in the light or in this case no light and enjoy it. Being here makes me realize that there are so many things that people don't care about looking at or don't want to.

I'm not sure how long I had been staring at the ceiling but as soon as my head turns to the side towards the window I notice that outside the weather is all right, it's not bad yet not great either, just normal I suppose but I never know unless I go outside for all know that the weather is the best at illusion. Sometimes it can look warm outside but it will really just be freezing cold and while it may look cold on other days it might actually be warm. The weather is a mystery that I know will always remain a mystery to everyone. There is no sun in the sky now which is why it did not shine to wake me up earlier, and the clouds have taken over the sky like it belongs to them and in a way it does kind of belong to them but at the same time they are holding the sun hostage for some time. Even when I don't know it I would have to guess that it's rather cold outside since this is that time of the year and autumn is bringing forth the winter and the winter will always be the coldest time of year and it is coming and it's coming really soon and now the nature is preparing for it. Though while it might be cold out there I'd rather not go outside for some time, that is until around noon where it is the warmest in the day as the sun is the highest, if the sun can break free from the prison it has been put in that is. And I will have to go out there some time today as I still have the glass slipper to look for and I need to find it as quickly as I possibly can. How hard can that be in the day? The answer is still pretty hard since this is a forest and I'm not sure if I had lost it in the forest or in the field, I'm not sure about anything anymore. If it had been by the mansion or out in the field where Nick or my parents have found it then it is rather clear that I'm doomed if that is the case. My parents or someone would definitely want to keep that slipper and own it for themselves for they can feel the magic that comes from it and there is no way that they would ever allow a human servant to get their hands on it or even be close to it or in the same room.

As I lie there, not that comfortable but that doesn't really matter to me but lying here makes me feel like I can do what I want to, this is the time that I would be doing everything for everyone else but I'm here by myself and I can do what I want to do which is nothing at all and that feeling is somehow freeing and open to me. It somehow makes me feel alive or more alive than I already feel. But as I'm enjoying it a knock on the door of the cabin which breaks me from my thoughts and for a moment I had believed that I was only imagining it but I was not, I realize that when the knocking sound comes ringing through the cabin once again. I gulp as I stand up from the floor that I had been lying on and hesitantly I walk over to the door where I take a deep breath before I put my hand on the handle and open the door. I'm shocked when the door opens to reveal my worst nightmare standing there. Nick. He's standing there, more handsome than he has ever been. I wonder if this is the moment where he will arrest me and do horrible things to me and I wonder if this is the last moment of my life before he kills me and somehow I can't stop the panic that is running through me and I need to grasp into reality but I can't, I want to but I can't because reality is something that I can't seem to know yet. Did it really take Nick a night to figure out that it was me who danced with him last night? That time is far too soon to have figured out something like that and I truly was not expecting it but he is standing here in front of me so he must have figured it out, somehow that is and I have no clue how he did it but I suppose it doesn't matter now since he has figured it out. "What are you doing here?" I find myself lowly whispering to him, wanting to smile to him and tell him how I feel but the fear that keeps me sane is making sure I don't do that and my face is serious and there is no emotion to be soon on it.