Epilogue

Invisible

     My head turns to him as my eyes are searching his face and his eyes for some signs that this is some kind of a sick joke that he's playing with me to make me feel even worse about this whole thing but I don't find any sign that show me or even tell me about it. In fact his eyes show me something that I did not think that I would see in them right now, I only see the truth in his eyes which shocks me more than it should but I swear on everything that he is speaking the purest form of the truth and I have no clue why he would do this and why now. My mouth is literally on the floor and my eyes are as wide open as they can as I stare at Nick. The man that I have fallen deeper in love with than I can ever explain in words for that kind of love cannot be explained and nor should it, just confessed to me right now that he's in love with me. It does not make sense and furthermore on the other hand he has always been the one that harmed me and left me heartbroken when I needed him the most, and he called me a filth which he knew that hurt me and would hurt me. Still he's the only one that has ever treated me like his equal, the very thing that no one has ever been kind enough to show me in my entire life and yet he still did and and I fell in love with him, not just because of that but for who he is and maybe this part of him, this cruel part of him is also something that I fell in love with for this is who he is. And like I can't change who I am, I certainly can't change who he is and this is what he was born to believe and to act and I can't change that and expect this of him, I can't do that, it's not fair and right on him. But still none of this is fair and right on me, as I am the one that had to suffer my entire life and when I finally found happiness and joy he, the person that I aptly trusted and put my faith into, knew that only added more pain as if he had poured salt into the wound.

I did not speak and neither did he as we only looked into one another's eyes and just stared at each other, I can't be sure what he's thinking right now but I do hope he can see the pain that he has brought me and yet I don't want him to see it for it hurts me inside to have to know that he's hurting because of me yet somehow he deserves this. All of this confuses me to the limit and I'm scared. I'm honestly terrified. "Please say something" He whispers so low that I could barely hear him but I did as he pleaded me for something to say or react to his words as I've not moved for some time. What could I possibly say or do at this point? That is something that I've been wandering about to myself, he doesn't even explain to me his behavior that night or why he was so mean to me when he found out the truth when he could've just accepted me but he did not and then now he is raining all of this on me and expect me to speak, what am I supposed to say? Perhaps this is what I should be saying to him. "You can't expect me to really believe you after how much you have hurt me, none of what you feel is love for me. It's guilt for what you did to me" I say and stand up from him and the warm fire which I don't seem to care anymore as I walk out of the cabin and into the bitter cold, where he snowflakes have picked up their speed yet that doesn't bother me now as I just want to get away from everything, away from him as I can't be around him anymore for it will only bring more pain and it's too painful for me to handle. He hurt me so much that I can't take it anymore, it has taken all of my will power to not cry in front of him and letting him know another weakness of mine and it took everything inside me to not break down in front of the man that I love.

The cold does not care if it hurts me and I don't care about the cold that much as I hug my body to keep myself warm, though I find that it is not working that great as I'm once again a shivering mess out here. I do no make it far into the forest where I'm not going anywhere when I hear the door to the cabin open and close once again and Nick running towards me but I don't look back nor do I stop and wait for him. There is so much pain inside my heart which I cannot bear and I need to get away to help myself deal with this even when I know that I can't deal with this. "Willow. Please believe me, I beg of you. My heart is clear and it speaks to me. I love you. It almost took me getting married to realize my true feelings for you and I know now that what I did was stupid and reckless, the things that I said and how I acted to you, it was not me. That night that you ran way from me for the first time, I talked and danced with a girl that I recognized but I did not know it was you and if I had known I would not have been anger at you for I finally understand your side of this, of everything. And I understand what you have been feeling this entire time" He says but I don't stop walking while he speaks, but he just walks beside me as he talks and I don't know why he's trying so hard. A part of me truly wishes to believe that he really does care for me and he is trying to get me to listen but how can I when I have been brought down this much? He made me believe once that I was different but in the end it just ended up being that I was the same as everyone else he treated horribly to, I was just someone that he wanted to mess around with and then when he was done with me he would throw me away like the rest of them and I would not matter to him nor anyone ever again. But, Nick isn't stopping now, he's trying to get me to listen and he still keeps going with this, to what end? The answer to that I don't know yet I get a feeling that I'm about to find out.