Chapter 10

Invisible

.•*•.X.•*•.

     Some minutes have passed by since I hid the glass heels under the floor and now I have this craving all of a sudden, a craving to see them again, to feel their energy that comes off them, to hold them in my hands and I have no clue why I have these feelings inside me but I know that I don't want them to stop and I was about to walk over to them and take them from their hiding place until I hear something outside, a sound which makes me believe that someone is out there. Knowing that Nick is out there and will soon come inside I stand up from the ground and act as if nothing had taken place here before I go into the kitchen to make breakfast... for the both of us and for the first time I'm actually making something for myself on behalf of someone else's wish as that has never happened before. No cares about servants or weather we eat or not, that is the very last thing on people's mind, in fact it is so far in their mind that the thought almost doesn't exists. However he did order that and I must do it as it is my duty, and no matter how much I want to deny and tell him that it is not right that I should be doing this but he's above me, way above me and I should always do what he tells me to do as that is how it is supposed to be. My whole life I've always done what I've been told to do without ever asking questions or doubted their words or even thought about why I was doing it, I just did it and I followed everyone's orders and demands without hesitation. Until now.

Yet over the last days it seems that I have been questioning every action that I take and every order that is given to me without know why and I can't even seem to understand how or why I am doing this as I should be used to taking orders and follow them through without even thinking. I do not understand this but I don't think I'm meant to understand this at all. The door slams open making me jump up from where I was, almost dropping the waffle batter that I'm making as he storms into the cabin with so much anger inside him that is throwing off him, that it feels like that cabin is about to fall down from his angry footsteps which I'm sure are harsh enough to break the wooden floor as it is old and it is fragile. Fear inside me of him ruining this cabin and all the beauty that is inside it but I'm relieved when none of that takes place and the cabin as well as myself are still standing and I know that this cabin can withstand a wolf. Nick sits down on the chair by the table and I can already tell that he's in the worst mood and that can only mean one thing, he wants to punish someone and that does not make me feel better since I'm the only one around for him to punish and do horrible things to. However, he just sits there and he does not even look at me nor does he pay any attention towards me, as if I'm not even there at all, and in full honesty that is kind of good or at least that is better than I know since if he wants to punish someone and he doesn't notice me, it could mean that he won't harm me. I have seen so many times what he can do to other people and to servants that don't do what he wants. None of it is something that I wish to speak about.

Nick just sits there and stares into space and I realize that his mind must be somewhere else which can explain why he barely seems to notice the things that are all around him and while I do wonder where his mind has gone to I know it has nothing do with me and I should leave him alone. He mumbles and grumbles some words but I don't hear them and neither do I want to hear those words for they are spoken in anger and whatever or whoever has made him this angry is something or someone that I shouldn't be asking about, in fact I should not even be thinking about and leave him be and allow him to be in his own anger. Going around the kitchen I try to be as quit as I possibly can but that is really easy since he doesn't even react when I do make a sound and I know that he is so lost in his own mind that he barely even notices that I'm here at all, I make the waffles just like he wants and whole I have never tasted them I know that there has to be a reason why he likes them, however waffles is the one thing that there is never any leftovers for me to eat. They are usually the thing that they eat first I would guess since the tray they would always be on would be the first one to arrive to the kitchen which can only mean that it was the first empty tray that was taken off the table, though I don't know how that words in the dining room as I've never been there at meals. Once I have made the batter and gone to the fire to cook them I put them on two plates and set one in front of him and one I put in front of me, all the way through I make sure to not disturb him in any sort of way for even when he doesn't notice me here I don't want him to know that I'm around and allow him to take his anger out on me.