Chapter 5

Invisible

.•*•.V.•*•.

Holidays for Werewolves are always referred to as Festival Days which are like human ones but only these are a bit different and while humans celebrate Halloween or Valentine's Day and all the other holidays that I'm unfamiliar with, Werewolves host a gala or a masquerade in the honor of their sacred religion which every single one of them wait for like humans wait for Halloween, the scary holiday that happens once a year. This celebration is hosted at the end of August as the winter is soon coming to greet the world with the cold and the freezing snow and endless joy and happiness as the snow is magical in its own way that it is even magnificent to see how it can affect lives in both a positive and a negative way, the celebration is however the biggest event of the day and is even bigger than Christmas for Werewolves as all year along everyone can't wait for the Feast of the Wolf and they will talk about it all the time whenever they can. As a human I'm not welcomed there or even allowed to do anything, those days I'm the only one that is forbidden to even prepare for the feast as it is something that Werewolf celebrates and I'm not that. While they party and have the time of their lives and allow the fun to shine through their smiles of their happy faces, I'm sent away from the fun and everything and everyone. Always to the same place yet I find that I don't really mind it at al, as I do get a break from my chores and working,

The first day to prepare the Feast of the Wolf is today and no one has told me or ordered me what I must do yet I already know what is expected of me. Every year it is the same as the year before for me and nothing chances, there are times that I would mix the years and I don't know what year took place last year or the year before that and my memories mix together and I can't make sense of all of it. In those days I would leave for one whole week and I'm away from the mansion and the celebration itself but once that week has passed I return only to clean up the mess that they left behind after the celebration. For the servants it takes four days to prepare and make everything ready for the masquerade gale on that week and then they celebrate for two days yet in those four days it is also celebrated but not as much though, on the seventh day, I return home only to find tired and exhausted people after their celebration and after all the fun that they have had. Everything has to be cleaned up by me, the whole thing is left where it is to be taken down and cleaned by me, since the Werewolf servants and maids even get the day off from cleaning because of this feast. However this is theme of year that humans are often kidnapped and taken from their homes to clean up after the Werewolves and their celebration, yet those humans are returned home after they have done what they were ordered to, but the Werewolves remain resting for they are too tired after all of it.

For two whole days straight they would party without stopping and while I do not know what actually takes places at the gala but to me it does sound a bit crazy and ridiculous to party that long and I can only wonder how they are able to do it. Yet somehow I get the feeling that it is connected to the fact that they are having fun in that time and perhaps waking and being awake that long to have fun is something that is better than staying that long to do chores but I would not know anything about it. Each pure blood Werewolf family hosts these masquerade gala and only the people that are not noble are invited but I've heard that it is in honor to be invited to these galas but I don't really know how they work and I don't even try to find out because I know it does not even matter for someone like me. Werewolves fight with each other and argue on who has gotten the better invite of the highest family, that is what I do know and the more people that6 come to the gala itself, the more respected is the family behind it, that way more people chose them over others and they are better than them or something. However to humans such as myself this kind of behavior is not only strange but arrogant and eyebrow raising but to Werewolves this is their custom and this is their religion and it has been like this for centuries as no one truly knows how this started, it has been long forgotten. That is a sign that this is older than we can even know and one should never mess with something that is that old, it is not wise.