Chapter 11

Invisible

.•*•.XI.•*•.

     The loud roaring thunder in the sky wakes me up from my little nap that I had took along with Nick whose arms are still around me and he remains fast asleep, still holding me as if his life depended on it. There fire from the fireplace has gone out and the only warmth that I'm able to get is from Nick, but I don't mind it since somehow I find myself enjoying his arms around me. I wonder how he is able to stay this warm when there is no fire around to give him heat and the room around is is growing colder and colder with each passing minute. The harsh rain falls mercilessly on the roof of the cabin and it is a good thing that the roof one of the thing that is strong and actually rather well built in this cabin, not everything in here can be said the same. The howling wind is so strong that it feels like it can shatter the windows and bring down the cabin itself or lift it up and move it somewhere else. As I have said, nature is the most powerful thing that the world has ever seen for it can bring life and it can bring death and nature is the only thing that can decide what must live and what must die. I can't move my body for Nick's grip on me is even stronger than the wind outside, yet he doesn't hurt me at all, his grip actually makes me feel comfortable and safe from the storm that is reigning there outside and while I don't feel that safe in the cabin, I do feel safety when I'm around him. Though it is a miracle how he hasn't woken up by now, the thunder strikes every couple of minutes and it is so loud that it feels like my head is going to explode from it and the sound still swirls around inside my mind as I cannot get it out.

The storm and the thunder is so closer by but the fear inside me that I have of it is not for myself but for the forest out there and for the animals and creatures that have their homes there, the trees and plants and flowers that bloom there with love and hope and I fear what might happen to all if it for the lightening needs to strike at something and the only thing it can is the forest itself. If it does strike one of the trees and it goes up in flames then this whole forest is as good as gone and there is nothing and no one that can stop it from happening, not even I can prevent it from taking place and I fear that and I feel for the forest and the all the fright that the animals must be feeling. Now Mother Nature is the one in control and if her plan is to start a forest fire then there is nothing and no one that can stop it, I'm not even sure the rain would be strong enough to end it. All I can do in the matter is pray and wish with all that I am and all my might that the forest would be safe and it could not all be ruined. This beauty should not fall, it should be respected and admired by the heart. Though I do not know why nature would want to destroy itself but the world somehow needs to be balanced and good and evil is necessary in order to hold the world in peace and on the line, perhaps it makes no sense to a human such as myself but I'm sure a creature of magic such as Werewolves are able to understand how this works. I have never gotten education in the matter, I only know what I believe and that is all I do for a human that has no powers or magic whatsoever is nothing in this world of magical beings and just magic.

As I am here awake with only Nick's soft and comforting snores as my only company I wonder how a man that makes everyone cower in fear and is the cause of people's nightmares can actually sleep so softly and soundly, I find it funny and while it is laughable yet I can't seem to be able to find myself laughing at this as I know there are far more important things that need to be taken care of. Though I would like to be able to let Nick know that he is kind of adorable when he sleeps but I would most likely get slapped for it and it is rude to watch people sleep. I move my eyes from Nick and over to the wooden plank where just under it I had hid the glass slippers and if I close closely in the darkness I can see the faint glow from under the cracks of the wood planks that are in the floor. Everything inside me is tempted to remove that wooden plank and pick them up but I have to control myself, even when I find that harder to do the more I look at it as all I want to do is hold them. Nick does make me feel safe but the shoes give me some feelings that I've never felt before and I can't be sure if that is magic or not that makes me feel that way or if it can give off from itself the safety and it does help keep me safe and protected from anything that wishes to strike at me, like something of a storm that is still outside. When I think of the shoes and the glow I can tune out the noise and the mess that is happening just outside the cabin and I can focus on all that is good and kind in the world and it doesn't make me me feel as much fear as I did before. Though I cannot take them and hold them as if Nick were to wake up he would surely have me executed for this or something bad will happen to me, and the glass slippers will be taken away from me.