Chapter 14

Invisible

.•*•.XIV.•*•.

     Walking out of the forest and into the field where the mansion is in my sight I find myself feeling true happiness inside and that feeling is something that I never wish to leave my body alone yet somehow I know that after the night I might never have this kind of a happiness again, I cannot even be sure if I will have this dress tomorrow to go to the last day of the Feast and enjoy that. Magic is so unpredictable that I am not sure of anything really yet I know that I will enjoy it while I can and I am happy that I even get the change to do this for I know not everyone would be able to get something like this and the beauty that I have gotten. The night is cold and the darkness reigns with the moon hanging high up and the grace that it shows doesn't go past me. While the night us dark the lights in the diamonds on my dress do give off this glow that lights my surroundings a bit better and somehow I do not feel the bitter cold bite me even when I am aware that it does not spare anyone yet it has done to me and I cannot be sure why or how, though I have a feeling it is because of the magic. A bright and cherry smile has been on my face since the moment that I ran out of the cabin and into the dark night and walked in the dark and scary forest. Though I do not feel afraid of the forest nor the darkness nor anything just like the night that I found the shoes, that is how I feel right now and the excitement that has this gold on my body is too great and I can't wipe my smile of, not that I would want to that is. Though I have smiled more in these minutes than I have ever done in my life and I can't be sure if that is because of the magic or because I truly want to smile on my own. My whole life I've never been allowed to smile that much and the work and the pain that went through my body made it hard but my oldest brother was sometimes able to make me smile yet that did not happen that often.

But as I walk on the field I can see the lights come from the mansion's garden and while the lights on my dress are more pretty these do make it better for me to find the way back to the mansion even when I know the way yet in the darkness it is rather easy to make one mistake. The lights are from the decorations that are hung up every year in the gardens and I can't be sure if they are a symbol for something or anything like that but I do take them down when I have to clean up, though this time I will be able to see them lit and beautiful and be able to enjoy the light in the night like it was interested for. I have heard the gossip from the servants that these lights that are put up are like stars when seeing them in the night and they are the most beautiful lights they've ever seen and every year they say the same thing like they had forgotten what they had said the year before yet I do sometimes find myself enjoying listening to their words and trying to imagine what it is like. But this year I'm actually going to be living it and I'm going to experience what they have gone through so many times and I can't wait to see those lights, to see all of this and the beauty and just enjoy myself for I know that this is going to be one of the best nights of my life and I will have a smile on my face no matter what. My whole entire life this is what I have always dreamt about, I would always be banished from the mansion and cast aside but that did not stop my dreams, I used to dream that I was with them and not as a servant but as their equal even if for one or two nights so that I might know the beauty and the fun that they have but I've never been allowed because I'm a human servant, the Werewolf servants are even treated as if they were noble but humans are treated horribly and even worse.

My whole life I have always found this to be strange just like the rest of the things that they do as I do not understand even and I can't seem to understand that a servant can be treated as if they are one of them and be noble for these two nights and it is a servant that not many care about an the nobles don't care about the servants or anything that regards them yet they still get treated as if they have been friends since childhood and as their equal, and I can't see to understand it at all but then again I am a person that is not born a Werewolf so I do not get treated like that and perhaps it is just for Werewolves. I also have a feeling that my family does not want to be seen with me at all or even be able to see the human shame that they have to deal with, that are the words that my mother once told to me when I as a child and those words have haunted me ever since, like a dark shadow that I cannot get rid of and it wants nothing more than to tear me down to the ground and destroy me from the inside out, stomp on my body until there is nothing left of me. The thoughts about my mother's words make me stop right in my tracks in the middle of the field as soon as it comes to mind I wonder if I'm not welcome their, they can sense humans and they can smell humans and once I walk in that garden they will be able to sense that I'm close to them and they will not be happy, perhaps I would be lucky if I get sent to the tree and whipped, most would love to see a disobeying human whipped in this night and they would laugh and enjoy it with all their might, never caring about me at all, not that they did anyway yet would I even be allowed to walk in there?