Chapter 12

Invisible

.•*•.XII.•*•.

     The day had done quickly and soon another night and it was not long until the morning came the next day with the rising sun shining inside the cabin which makes it the only light source inside and the only thing that I can use to see anything. By the time that I had woken up on the floor by the fireplace which the fire has already gone out a long time ago, wrapped in a small blanket, Nick was already gone and I find it odd that I did not wake up by him waking up and leaving. His bedroom door is wide open and there is no one inside the cabin except for myself. Today is the first part of the Feast supposed to take place and the first masquerade and while I have no idea what they do during the day as it takes place in the evening but that is none of my concern. The cabin does however feel a bit lonely yet that is only for some time and somehow when I know very well that I'm not going to see him for quite a long time I find that I miss having him around me and I keep wishing that he were here with me to spent more time together, even if he hurts me I actually like being around him. The Feast of the Wolf is happening and he will be gone for two days as the most celebration takes place then and it is very likely that the two of us will never see each other again and I never even go that the chance to say goodbye to him nor anything, though I'm sure he would not like doing that. All of his clothes and belongings are gone and as much as I do not want to face this I have to, as everything he had with him here is gone it can only mean one thing; Nick is not coming back here.

We might not have been that long in this cabin but in the short period of time that we did spent together I came to enjoy it and I'm slowly but surely overcoming the fear that I had of Nick, I'm not there yet but getting there but I think all of that will no go up in flames as I think of how I might never see him again and that deeply pains my heart and soul. That man somehow made me feel like I was his equal and not someone that is below him, and there aren't that many people who would do that to someone like me, in fact he's the second person in the whole world to do that and it does fill me up with hope that one day my family will see it that way too and they will overlook the part where I am human and not a Werewolf. If a man that is so cruel and so evil and someone they admire can do that then perhaps they can do and that hope shines even brighter than the sun that is on the sky and it shines brighter than all the light that the world has and I wonder when it will happen yet I know that I must be patient for that means everything and if I wait and am patient then everything will fall into place like it already has done for me. Going outside and walking to the lake but I am still careful not to attract any unwanted attention as I'm kind of obeying his orders by going outside but I don't have a choice. I undress myself out of my clothes once I have made it down to the lake and then I wash them in the water before I hang them up by the fireplace which I lit up a new fire and given it some wood to make it strong and warm so my clothes would be soon dry and I could wear them again which could take some time.

In that time that I will be waiting for them to dry so that I can wear them once again I wrap my body in that blanket that I always have when I'm asleep and make sort of a dress out of it, not only to keep myself warm but also to wear something to cover up my body as all of my clothes are hanging up there. I walk into the kitchen to my myself some waffles and for the first time in the whole world I'm actually cooking myself food that is normally served to my family or guests, and now I can it by myself which is a nice change as I'm doing something for myself because I wanted to, not because I was ordered to nor because I had to but because I choose to do this. While I eat the waffles that are always tasting the best I watch the fire and all its glory that can enchant anyone. The dancing flames are so calm to look at and I find myself wanting to stare at them all day and the beauty that comes with them, and it is not like I have anything better to do with my day as I truly don't have anything to do beside washing my clothes and I've already done that. As I stare into the fire I find myself wishing and praying that he were here with me in the cabin and I wish that he was here not only to keep me company, though I do like his company and I like being around someone that doesn't treat me like trash even when he sort of did at first, but also because my feels are eager to be around him and I have no clue why that is but I don't have to know. If there is anything that I have learned during my time here in the cabin is that I don't have to know everything like with those things that are modern and new, I am a servant yet I don't know how to use them, and one cannot forget the glass shoes under the floor as I don't understand magic but I don't have to understand it to admire the beauty that it holds.