Chapter 8

Invisible

.•*•.VIII.•*•.

     My legs are taking me everywhere yet nowhere at the same time as I walk in the forest, all I see are trees and more trees for miles as I am near cabin and a bit far away from the lake. Though even when it does look like I am lost I am not, truly. I know my way around this forest as I have been coming here for years and I know this place and I know where to go. When I was a child I would go out and explore from the cabin, most of the time I would not go far yet as the years passed I began going further and further from the cabin to explore this forest which holds more beauty than people realize, there is so much peace and quiet here as all the sounds from nature itself are extraordinary. Then I was so curious that I just wanted to explore more and more and see everything that there was to offer, never caring if I did get lost or not, all I wanted was to see the beauty. This time however, I'm trying to avoid a certain green-eyed man that keeps insulting me and I will not allow him to ruin the beauty that is right here in front of me. There is no way that he will manage that and for the rest of the day I just wander the forest, slowly but even then I want to see every tree that I can, touch it if I must. There is so much beauty in them and I know that each and every one of those trees has a live sparkling inside them, waiting to bloom and be free and that is so beautiful. The trees are alive and they are what keeps the world living and for that all should be grateful for what they do for the world and for us yet some don't even realize just how much wonders are in trees but I see it and I feel it deep inside me.

Feeling a bit tired I rest up against a tree for some time and as I sit here I keep finding myself wondering about what comes next, what is going to happen to this cabin and this land. If it does belong to him now, perhaps I can never come back here again and next year I might not have a place to be when the Feast of the Wolf takes place and I wonder if I will have to be homeless for that part of if I will have some place to go. Knowing that my parents would not want to find some place for me nor would they want to waste time, though I can't think of this now. It is in a year and when that happens I have to believe that there will be some place that I go. Couple of minutes pass before I continue walking and my head is always turning in every single direction, sometimes animals even come to view. The magical beauty in this forest with all the animals and creatures that hold wonders without knowing it is extraordinary. "Are you lost?" The familiar voice of Nick comes to my hears behind me. I jump up, startled from his sudden voice and how he spoke up as I had believed myself to be all alone out here and I did not hear him coming. "No, sir. I am not lost. I know this forest better than anyone in the world. I know exactly where I am and where I am going. There are about ten kilometers to the lake if I head north and about five to the cabin" I speak with a sudden bravery in my voice that I have no clue where is coming form, perhaps from this forest or perhaps within, either way I spoke with courage and I did speak my mind. I wonder how he will take this and how I had spoken to him, knowing there is nothing I can do to take the words that I said back.

Though despite standing up for myself I know I should not have said that, I might have offended him in some way. But I can't take that back, what is done is is and it cannot be taken away after it has come out into the open and he has heard it. My heart speeds up as I feel him stalk towards me, this time I do hear him coming and I don't even have to look to know that he is walking over to me, to punish me? That I don't know but I suppose I will just have to find that out. I wonder how I had not heard him coming before but I can blame it on the fact that I was so lost in all of this, the beauty and the forest and the magic that perhaps I did not hear him because of that and I do not know if he had been watching me or not but that doesn't matter right now. "I knew there was a fighter in there... somewhere and here I came trying to rescue a lady in distress. I guess both the lady and the distress is false" He jokes though I don't find it amusing nor funny like he does as now I know that he has come here to taunt me and making a joke like that, reminding me what I am and who I am is hurtful as I know that he is right. I am no lady nor am noble or anything like that even when I have that blood inside my veins, I do carry the Blackheart genes inside my body but even that is not enough for me to be one of them. I don't even have the title that I should've had from birth as it was never given to me and I can only pray that one day I will get it once I have proven myself worthy to my family.