10. Second Day In Maldives

It was a Pleasant Saturday afternoon with perfect weather to enjoy outside and have fun. It was Sneha and Vivek's second day in Maldives so they decided to go for shopping. Right now they were purchasing clothes in a Mall in Maldives city.

"Vivek I think Pari will like this dress. What do you think?" Sneha asked while holding a beautiful pink dress.

"Yeah I think it's pretty cool also she really likes pink colour." Vivek replied while looking at the dress.

"Okay then it's final, let's purchase it." Sneha said happily. They both made their way towards the counter and asked the lady sitting in front to pack it.

"Sir it would be 3999." The lady said to which Vivek nodded and mumbled okay.

"Wait, what? I am sorry I heard it wrong, what is the cost of this dress?" Sneha asked a bit puzzled.

"Sneha this is for Rs 3999." Vivek Replied not understanding Sneha's unusual behaviour. 

"Vivek this is so costly. How is this even possible." Sneha said while huffing lightly.

Vivek was going to say something, but Sneha cut him off in between.

"Excuse me Mam, how can this dress be so costly? The shop which is near my home has this same dress but of blue colour with a reasonable price." Sneha asked the lady who was giving her a blank look.

"Ma'am, this dress is of a different stuff and----" The lady replied calmly.

"Yes-yes I know you will say that this dress is of different stuff and has different materials in it and cannot be found in any other Mall, but sorry to disappoint you I can get you this same dress at a very good price rather that would be much better than yours." Sneha said cutting her off.

To say the lady was fuming with anger would be an understatement, but  before Sneha could say anything further Vivek made the payment and pulled Sneha out of the shop.

"What is wrong with you, this dress is so costly, I could have bargained it with her, she would have surely reduced the price. Let's try again."

Sneha tried to go inside but was pulled back by a firm hand. Vivek pulled her towards himself that she collided with his chest.

"Kya ho gaya hai tumhe( what has happened to you), itni chotti si baat hai yeh( this is such a small thing), this is not your relatives shop that they will give you discounts. Prices are different everywhere. How were you behaving Sneha, seriously I am really disappointed, you know I am a CEO and have a company of my own, This small amount won't hurt me. You need to grow up, do you create a scene like this everywhere?" Vivek said in a harsh tone which startled Sneha.

Vivek was furious at Sneha because he was really not getting why Sneha was so worked up because of such a small thing. On other hand Sneha was really hurt. She didn't like how he always brags about his CEO position and as if nothing matters to him.

"Vivek you are forgetting this fact that you are a CEO, I am not a CEO. It's you who earns a big company and can get anything done at snap of your fingers but I am a middle class girl who has just finished her education and is still dreaming. To answer your question yes I am like this everywhere, I do not like to waste my parents hard earned money like this. In my opinion if I can get a beautiful dress in a very reasonable amount why would I go for this one which is costly. Sorry to disappoint you Mr Bakshi but I can't please you, it's not my cup of tea."

With that said Sneha stormed out of that place. Vivek was still trying to understand what exactly happened. Just few minutes before everything was fine between them and now everything was messed up, he was standing alone and Sneha was nowhere to be seen---- Suddenly something clicked in his mind and he started panicking.