a room

I wake up to my alarm going off. I roll over and turn it off. It takes me about 15 minutes to get out of bed, that's exactly why i set my clocks and watches 15 minutes ahead.
I get out of bed lazily.
If I'm being honest, it takes me 40 damn minutes to get ready.

I run down the stairs when I'm ready and walk into the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks when i saw my mom leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Goodmorning," i say as i start walking again.

"Goodmorning, Alex," she mumbles.

Not so professional this morning, huh? I could really care less.
I began making breakfast with her in my way most of the time. I wanted to just ask her to leave but i didn't dare to do so.
So i sucked it up and cursed in my head instead.
I heard footsteps running down the steps. I turn to see everyone coming into the kitchen. I give each kid a plate of food.

"Thank you for that," my mom comments.

"Okay."

I can't bring myself to keep a conversation with her. As much as i try i can't.
It gets awkward and i just know i can not trust her.

"I'll be leaving now."

I rush out the house and get on my bike.
It wasn't long before i got to school. Of course it wasn't. I didn't get pulled over.

"Out of my way, everyone! Your queen has arrived," i hear from behind me as i walk.

She does this every fucking day.

"Hey, Alexina," Zoe greets cheerfully as she gets closer to me.

"Hey, Zoe."

"You sound very excited," she comments.

"I sure do."

She takes a few steps ahead of me and suddenly stops making me almost bump into her. I caught myself and shoved her.

"What the hell, Zoe?"

She pouts. "I've been waiting for this all morning."

She points to her cheek. I roll my eyes. Of course, her kiss. I lean in and give her a kiss on her cheek. She instantly smiles.

"There you go!"

"You're annoying, you know?"

"Of course. But you'd be bored without me," she laughs.

She's totally right. I would be bored without her. She makes me lose my mind and get into the stupidest situations but she makes it all fun.

"I saw you leaving yesterday with, thick books," she states.

"What were you doing stocking me?" I challenge her.

"I was not stocking, i was observing."

"Sure you were."

I have to admit, Zoe is, in fact, very observant. She has saved my ass so many times by that reason. I can thank her for that.
We walk towards her class since it's the first one we pass. She gives me a hug and walks off.
I walk towards my own class, greeting a few people here and there, including teachers.

Per usual, classes were boring. I just couldn't wait to get out of this hell hole. But as i said before i have a few motivations.
I'm currently sitting in 3rd period. The dismissal bell is about to ring. I just want to see Eleanor.
3...2...

I was out the door before i knew it.

"You are extra early, aren't you?" Zoe spoke as i sat down next to her.