about an inch

Patience.

Patience.

And patience.

They say patience is key, right? But happens when it's starting to run out? What can you do when the fire is already only a few seconds away? I think it matters best how you handle the burning fire rather than how you plan on preventing it.
Maybe I'm wrong.
It's just a random thought.
Can thoughts be wrong?

Probably.

Hm.

It's been a month since I've been nursed by Zoe. She really did treat me good that day.
Best day I had in a while. I really needed that.

The day after, Eleanor and I hung out. That day will stay between us. Let's just say it was good as well.
No, I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend yet. I'm too much of a coward but I will soon.
As in soon...today.

I step out of my room and make sure to lock my door when I close it.
I feel a tug on my side and I look down to see Macy.

I know what she is about to ask but I don't have the time to do that right now.

"Alex can we-"

"Sorry, I have to go do something," I cut her off quickly.

"But we are almost done! Please!" She whines.

I sigh. "Later, Macy-"

"Please!"

"I said later! I have things to do as well! Now let me go!" I yell with authorization.

Macy let's go of my shirt and looks at me one more time before running off to her room.
There is something about Macy that I always knew about her. Something I hadn't noticed when I was younger but I do know now.
Macy gets attached too much. Whenever Carmen is around, Macy never leaves her side. Macy is a mommy's girl. Also one of the reasons why she somehow doesn't cause me as much trouble.

She is always trying her best to make Carmen, my dad, and I proud. She want's to seem like the number one. But right now, all she is doing is annoying me.

Everyone is.

I huff and fix my shirt before continuing to walk down to the 2nd floor.
Belva and Omna were sitting together in one couch while Caricia was sitting on the floor with the twins. I have no idea why they don't use the couch.

"I'm going out," I announce.

Caricia jumps up. "Can I come?"

"Sure, why not."

Such a big mistake.

"Can I too?"

"I want to come!"

I can never say yes to one because the others want too.

"Sit your asses down! I'm taking the bike, only one can come," I tell them.

They frown and sit back down. I grab Caricia's hand and lead her to the front door with me. I take the car keys from the key holder and run out the door with Caricia.

"You lied!" Caricia laughs when we get the car.

"Of course I did but you can't lie, okay? That's bad," I tell her with a smile.

Caricia grins widely and nods.

I begin to pull out the driveway when I see the curtains parting. I look and see 4 faces appear on the window. I wave at them with a smile.
I step onto the gas pedal right when the door swings open.
I put the car on drive and speed out onto the path that leads out the gates.