Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 4: Plane Troubles/Welcome to Spooky Island

(3rd) POV:

After getting their seating tickets, everyone got on the plane. While (Y/N) and (F/A/N) are sitting next to Fred, much to (Y/N)'s displeasure, Sam is sitting next to Velma, Dean next to Daphne, and Shaggy next to Scooby. There were times when Dean would try to flirt with Daphne, but she'd either ignore him, or just raise her hand to give him the hint that she's not interested. As for Shaggy, he had made himself a sandwich to eat during the flight, while Scooby was reading a comic.

"Now that is a beautiful work of art," Shaggy says with a smile, earning a nod of agreement from Scooby.

However, just as Shaggy's about to take a bite of the sandwich, he notices a beautiful blonde college student walking in his direction. While Shaggy stares at her in a dreamlike state, Scooby uses the opportunity to use his mouth to vacuum up the sandwich and eat it.

"Would you mind me taking a seat there next to...um?" the blonde girl asks.

Hearing that makes Shaggy somewhat snap out of dream-land. "To my grandma. That's my grandma. Hi, Grandma. Like, no."

The blonde girl smiles, glad to have been given permission, while Shaggy stands up from his seat to get out of her way. "Thanks," says the blonde girl.

"You're welcome," Shaggy says with a smile. While making her way towards the empty seat, the blonde girl sneezes. "Bless you."

"Wow, I'm sorry. My allergies," says the blonde girl. "It's usually only dogs that do it," hearing that makes Shaggy and Scooby's eyes widen in surprise before Scooby chuckles nervously, while the blonde girl lets out another sneeze. "Maybe I'd better move."

"No wait, um. You know, it's probably just my grandma's perfume," Shaggy says trying to make the blonde girl stay. "Yeah, even I sometimes get a little allergic, you know. Oh jeez," he then lets out a fake sneeze. "Cause I'm pretty sure Grandma wants to go back and visit with her old pals (N/N) and (F/A/N). Right, Grandma?"

When Shaggy gives him a pleading look, Scooby eventually gives in. "Rokay," he says, getting up from his seat to go look for (Y/N) and (F/A/N), leaving Shaggy and the blonde girl to do some bonding.

Shaggy then notices the blonde girl holding a plastic bag full of Scooby snacks. "Boy, oh, boy, those sure do look like Scooby snacks."

"I know they're for dogs, but they're 100% vegetarian, and I love them," the blonde girl admits, taking a bite of one of the snacks.

"Like, me too," Shaggy admits.

Hearing that makes the blonde girl happy. "Far out! I have never met another person who loves Scooby snacks."

"Me neither," Shaggy says with an excited look on his face.

The blonde girl then introduces herself. "I'm Mary Jane."

"Like, that is my favorite name," says Shaggy.

"Really?" Mary Jane asks.

"Yeah," says Shaggy.

"No way," says Mary Jane.

(In my opinion, Shaggy and Maryjane look like a cute couple)

(Y/N) POV:

I had been stuck, sitting next to Fred, ever since the plane took off. He had been asking me about what I was talking about back at the airport, and the reason why I broke up with him years ago. But I refused to answer. If he's not going to figure it out himself, I don't see a reason to explain myself, especially when all he's ever done was think about himself. At least I have (F/A/N) with me to help calm my nerves. Eventually, before I knew it, Scooby arrives, sitting in an empty seat next to Fred.