Shaggy x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 5: Investigating/Spooky Island Castle

(Y/N)'s POV:

Despite how nice it was of Mr. Mondevarious to create this party, I didn't think it would be such a good idea to celebrate during an investigation, not when something weird is going on with the college kids. When it started to get dark, Dean, Sam, (F/A/N) and I split up to ask if anyone knew anything strange that might be going on around here.

"So, you haven't noticed anything unusual since you started working here? Any weirdos running around? Or anything that might stand out from usual?" I ask one of the workers, who is dressed up in a creepy looking skeleton costume.

"Uh, no," says the worker.

"Okay, well thanks for your time," I say, then walk away with (F/A/N), letting out a sigh of not having much luck with the investigation.

"Like, hi, (N/N)," I hear, making me turn around to see Shaggy.

"Hi, Shaggy. Hey, Scooby. What's up?" I ask.

"Well, I was just wondering how your investigation was going," he says.

I let out a sigh. "Not as well as I would have liked. I've been hitting a dead end, since no one has noticed anything unusual that could possibly be the cause of the strange behavior of the college students. And the only history behind this place is that when Mr. Mondevarious found this place, he thought it'd be great spot for his amusement park. None of it makes any sense, that the whole thing is starting to make my head hurt," I say.

"Like, maybe you should take a break. Besides, I promised to take you out on a date," he points out, making me smile at him.

I feel (F/A/N) nudge me a little. "Go for it. You've hardly had any time to yourself lately," he/she says, referring to our job as detectives.

I think about for a minute, and then smile, giving Shaggy a smile. "Why not? I guess some down time wouldn't hurt."

With that said, we hold each other's hands, and start to walk around, doing whatever that looked fun...within reason, of course. Since Spooky Island has a lot of scary looking rides and game booths, we only did whatever looked less scary, so that Shaggy wouldn't freak out. I eventually noticed, however, that Scooby was no longer with us, making me hope that he was alright.

"Want a stuffed thingy?" Shaggy asks, pointing to a crane machine.

"You're practically the only person I know who is good at these things," I say, as we walk to the crane machine.

"Fred once said it's a worthless talent, that I should've learned French instead," Shaggy says, putting in a quarter, and then moving the bone looking crane. "But I say you don't need to know what "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi" means to love that song."

"Oh, don't be silly, Shaggy. I think being good at crane machine is way cooler than French," I say, as the stuffed head he got fell into the prize slot.

"Voila," he says, handing me the stuffed head.

"You're so sweet," I say, taking the head, and grabbing his hand with my free one.

I'll admit, it's no shocker that the head is a little creepy looking, considering the fact that we're on Spooky Island, but it's really nice of my boyfriend to have won a prize for me. I even noticed (F/A/N) smiling at us, his/her way of showing how happy he/she is to know that I'm enjoying this moment with Shaggy.

"Thanks for this date, Shaggy. It was really sweet of you. I'm also surprised that you'd actually do this for me, considering how we're in a scary looking place like Spooky Island," I point out.