Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 9: Normal?/They're monsters!

(Y/N) POV:

Once the others and I escaped from the hotel, we found a hiding spot in one of the game booths, "Head In The Vase", and hid ourselves in the giant vases. Slowly, and carefully, we all poke our heads out to see those monsters dragging away some more college kids.

"I have a sinking feeling these dudes aren't brainwashed cult members," Shaggy says.

"What the heck are they, then?" Dean asks.

"And what do they want with the college students?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. But we need to follow them," I say, earning a nod of agreement from (F/A/N).

"Say what?" Shaggy asks.

"So we can hopefully defeat the creatures and try to save Fred and Velma," I say. "I'm not sure how strong those things are, but that green gas they breathed out, I think it's a type of knockout gas. As long as we avoid that, we should be okay."

"Well, that's sort of like my plan: We just get the heck out of here and let the creatures eat Fred and Velma!" Shaggy exclaims, scarred.

Some things never change.

"No way. Fred and Velma always figured out everything," Daphne says, making me nod my head in agreement. "Now it's our turn, Shaggy. For the first time, they're the damsels in distress, not me."

I'm not sure what caused it, but the vase Daphne is in started to tip over, causing her to fall. Seeing Daphne fall down like that, the others and I all scrunch up our faces, as though we had eaten something sour, thinking that Daphne's fall must've hurt.

"Daphne? You okay?" I ask.

"Help?" Daphne asks.

"Timber," Shaggy says.

After helping Daphne get out the vase she was in, we all follow those monsters, to find out where they could be heading to. And as luck would have it, following those monsters leads us all the way to where Mr. Mondevarious held that Spookapalooza for me and the gang earlier today. We make sure to keep ourselves hidden behind some rocks, watching the monster drag away the college students through some kind of tunnel.

"Okay, I'm calling for help," Mary Jane says all of a sudden, grabbing her cell phone.

"No. I got this. I got this," Daphne says, ready to make a move. But then she backs down once a door closes, preventing us from entering the tunnel at this point. "I don't got this."

Mary Jane then continues with making that phone call.

(3rd) POV:

After making the call, a coast guard answers. "Coast Guard Fitzgibbon."

"Hello, sir. We're on Spooky Island. Our friends were..." Mary Jane then shares a look with everyone, thinking that it'd be a bad idea to mention the monsters. If the Coast Guard was told that monsters had kidnapped people, they would think of it as some prank instead of taking it seriously. "...Kidnapped. We need someone here right away."

"Well, we do have a unit in the vicinity. Can you meet them at the pier?" the Coast Guard asks.

"Uh-huh," Mary Jane answers.

"All right. They'll be right there," the Coast Guard says, then hangs up the phone. He then turns to his co-worker, with an evil smile. "Our friends have been kidnapped."