Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 12: Let's get Jinkie with it

(Y/N)'s POV:

The others and I follow that smoke, ending up at the beach. We also see someone near a hut. My guess is that he's that voodoo man that Daphne mentioned before. Before any of us can make a move, Daphne speaks up.

"Wait. I know how to handle this guy," Daphne says, walking up to the voodoo man. "Hey, you! What're you doing?"

We all look at her, confused. I mean, how is that any different from talking normally with someone?

"Yes. That is masterful," Velma says sarcastically.

We then walk up to the voodoo man ourselves.

"I'm trying to do a voodoo ritual if you don't mind, thank you. It's important to get the right ingredients. See, the only way I can protect myself is by blessing this dead Arnouki beast," the voodoo man says, holding up a creepy looking...whatever it is. "And I'll tell you something. I gotta feeling they're about to perform they're evil Darkopalypse ritual?"

"Darkopalypse ritual?" Velma and I ask in sync, making sure that we heard right.

"That's right," the voodoo man says.

"That's what the ancient text describes," Velma says, opening the Daemon Ritus.

And it's also what N' Goo Tauna mentioned when I was captured.

"Hey, hey! Whoa! Don't open that, don't open that!" the voodoo man exclaims, backing up a little.

Even though I doubt it'd do anything to us, I don't feel so comfortable around the Daemon Ritus myself, especially after jumping from one body to another earlier.

"They use the protoplasm in the vat as an energy source. And the leader needs to absorb a purely good and righteous soul to complete the ritual," Velma says, reading the texts from inside the Daemon Ritus.

"Legend has it, once the Darkopalypse ritual is performed, the creatures will rule on earth for 10,000 years. So, that's why I'm taking this dead Arnouki beast in my house. To protect myself," the voodoo man says.

"You have another one of those?" Shaggy asks.

The voodoo man doesn't answer. Instead, he walks back inside of his home.

"Those creatures are taking over the world?" Sam asks.

"That is so mean," Daphne comments.

"They can't do the ritual without a pure and righteous human soul," Fred points out.

"Where the heck are they going to get one of those?" Dean asks.

"I didn't say human, or that it only had to be one person," Velma points out.

At that moment, my eyes widen in realization. "Oh my god," I say, feeling stupid for not realizing it sooner.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)?" (F/A/N) asks.

"Earlier, when I was captured, N' Goo Tauna said that they needed me and Scooby for the Darkopalypse Ritual, that we were too important. I never realized what he meant before, but I think that I do now," I explain. The others wait for me to continue. "They need mine and Scooby's souls for the ritual."

The others start to realize what I'm talking about. When you think about it, it makes sense. All I've wanted was to try and search for the person who killed my parents, and bring them to justice. I don't know much about righteousness, but if that isn't a justified reason, then I don't know what is.