Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 6: Death Trap

(3rd) POV:

Once the gang splits up, Shaggy, Scooby and Sam (the Triple S) walk through the halls of the castle until they find themselves in a dining room, with food on the table.

"Look at this, huh, guys?" Sam asks.

"Like, yeah. It's like a medieval sizzler. Pinch me, I'm in heaven--" Shaggy says, then gets pinched on the leg by Scooby. "It's an expression, Scoob."

"Rorry," Scooby says, then panting at the sight of the food.

Sam could not help but shake his head as he smiled at the two goofballs, remembering how (F/N) and (F/A/N) told him and his brother about Shaggy and Scooby's love for food. Meanwhile, in a different part of the castle, Dean walks next to Fred and Velma.

"Hey, Velma, I never meant to--Well, you know...pick you last," Fred says, feeling a little bad for not knowing that was how Velma felt back when Mystery Inc was still a team.

"Don't worry about it, Fred. I know you. All you care about is (Y/N) and swimsuit models," says Velma.

"No! Look, I'm a man of substance. Dorky chicks like you turn me on, too," Fred says, giving Velma a pat on the back. Instead of answering back, Velma walks on ahead, making Fred confused on what he did wrong this time. "It's a compliment."

Dean then places a hand on Fred's shoulder. "You, my friend, have a lot to learn about women."

"And you don't?" Fred asks.

"Well, I was never able to have my way with (Y/N). Tried to flirt with her, and all I got was a punch in the face," Dean admits. "Since then, I learned not to make her angry."

"By any chance, you two wouldn't happen to be--?" Fred tries to ask, wondering if (Y/N) and Dean were a thing or not.

Thankfully, Dean understands the meaning behind Fred's words. "Oh, no, no. Of course not. We're just partners. Me and my brother Sammy met her and (F/A/N) about over a year ago and have been solving mysteries together ever since," he explains, making Fred feel relieved to know that Dean isn't (Y/N)'s boyfriend. "Why ask?"

"Well...one day we were doing just fine; solving mysteries together as Mystery Inc. and going on dates from time to time. We were in a stable relationship, until one day, she just...dropped the bomb by breaking up with me, and...I never found out why," Fred explains, wondering what could have gone wrong to make (Y/N) break up with him.

"Well, she did tell me it was because you had grown a big ego with fame," says Dean.

Fred then becomes confused. "She did?" he asks.

"Yeah, something about Mystery Inc. becoming famous, and you taking all of the credit, making her and everyone else in the gang look like they were your side-kicks," says Dean.

Velma heard the conversation, and nodded her head in agreement. "Sounds about right."

"What?" Fred asks, confused.

"The more popular Mystery Inc. got, the more you became focused on the attention, leaving none for (Y/N). There were even times when you'd flirt with other girls. It was tearing (Y/N) apart inside," Velma explains, remembering how much pain (Y/N) was in back when her and Fred were still dating. "She believed that you didn't love her any more. Why else did you think she'd break up with you?"

Hearing that makes Fred put some thought into Velma and Dean's words, realizing that they're right. He let all of the popularity go to his head that he never realized what he was emotionally doing to (Y/N), making him realize how much of a jerk he was being to the gang, especially to (Y/N).