Chapter 29- Final Goodbyes

Recap

"Yea run away again, I hope you end up in another prison maybe this time you actually will end up dead!" He said and Lexi whimpered a little bit and my eyes filled with pain. I saw his eyes flash with hurt when he realized what he said.

"No I didn't mean it Sapphire please I don't want you to leave." He said.

"Jackson run to your room and grab your valuables we're leaving or I'm leaving if you don't want to come." I mind linked him.

"Sapphire you're my best friend, I would follow you to the ends of the earth." He said back and we both walked out the door into different directions to our rooms.

•••

Present

Sapphires POV

Everything is packed and ready to go, I'm standing here looking over the room just taking in my mates scent. I need to leave but my body won't move, it's like I'm not allowed to leave. His scent is so intoxicating I just want to curl up in a ball in the sheets and forget the whole idea of leaving and to be honest in any other situation I probably would have but this, this is crossing the line, if my wolf can't forgive my mates wolf then we really shouldn't be mates at all. I don't know if you could tell but our wolves take this mate thing super seriously like every single minute of every day that's all our wolves think about so if Lexi can't forgive them I can't either. I want to so badly but I just can't stay.

I can't stay.

I can't stay.

Those words were replaying in my head like it was a broken record.

•••

Jackson and I have our bags in our hands and are walking towards the car Jackson drove to the pack house in. Every step I took the more anxious I got, I could feel the pain in my heart after every beat it took. I really can't do this but remembering why I have this pain in my heart is the only thing keeping me sane in this situation.

"Sapphire! Wait!" My brother yelled, where has he been all this time anyways?

"I haven't gotten to speak with you because I had meetings scheduled off of the packs territory but I missed the rest of the meetings driving back here so I could see you before you left." He said stopping in front of me to catch his breath a little from sprinting.

"Listen Sapphire, I know I can't stop you from leaving And I'm not going to ask you to because I know how you feel, in the time you were gone I found my mate and she rejected me because she saw all of the pain I caused you. I then realized that everything is my fault and my baby sister has only really needed one thing in her life which is a big brother. I made everyone inflict this pain onto you and I will never ever forgive myself for that no matter what. But I do still love you and I will miss my baby sister even though you aren't actually my sister. I have my responsibilities here in this pack but trust me I would go with you if I didn't. I will miss you so much and I hope you have an amazing rest of your life and become a boss ass bitch, make sure to find your dad I'm certain he wants to see you after all these years. I love you so much baby sister." He said sticking his hand out to shake mine obviously respecting my personal space. But I ignored it and pulled him into a bone crushing hug.

"That's all I've ever wanted from you Tyler, all I've ever wanted was a brother. I forgive you for everything. I am so sorry about your mate but at least you didn't have 2 reject you." I said looking at him and laughing at my own joke.

"You do know I'm going to go beat both of their asses right?" He asked smiling.

"You can try." Grayson said walking up behind him with Landon.

"Sapphire I really don't want you to go, we can go home and pretend none of this ever even happened!" He begged.

"Grayson I can't just not pretend that you care so little for me you'd replace me in the span of a couple days, I can't just not pretend I practically gave up my body for you, I can't just not pretend you cheated on me and just wasn't going to tell me. I can't pretend Grayson, I can't pretend any longer than I already have. I can't pretend anymore that I somewhat miss Landon, he's my damn mate for fucks sake and I can't pretend I'll miss you because you're my mate too, I can't pretend anything anymore so I'm going to leave no matter what, I'm going to leave and never come back and I'm never pretending again. I'm going to fucking be something you never treated me as, an Alpha. Grayson even though you know what I am you pretend I am just another pretty little face well guess what? I'm not just a pretty face anymore and I hope you regret everything you did and same with you Landon, go fuck yourself or even worse go fuck Britney." I said then squeezed my brother one last time.

"Be the best that you can be Tyler, I believe in you and I'll see you again some day. If you ever miss me just look to the stars and know I'm looking at the same ones as you." I whispered to him letting go and wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Hey don't cry it will all be ok, you'll see me again. I'm always a phone call away right? I'll forever and always be here for you." He said with some warm tears of his own sliding down his face.

"Goodbye Tyler, I love you."

"Goodbye Sapphire, I love you too." We then crushed each other with another hug before Jackson put all of our stuff in the back seat.

"Im not even going to say goodbye to you Grayson you don't deserve it, you don't either Landon." I turned on my heel and hopped in the passenger seat of the truck.

Before Jackson got into the drivers side of the truck Tyler gave him a quick nod of respect of which Jackson returned. Jackson then got into the truck and started the engine. I looked away trying not to make eye contact with anyone knowing it would only hurt me more than it already is. With my head low Jackson drove down the gravel road. The pack house getting further and further away as we drove.

Goodbye.