[ 20 ]

In the middle of the night, a sole shinobi sneaked into the flourishing village, onyx eyes darkening at the sight of the happy people chattering and wandering about below as his thoughts were directed towards a certain red-haired girl.

"Hashirama.........Tobirama..........you'll pay for taking her from me............"

Madara jumped down into the crowd as screams arose in the once peaceful environment.

-----------

Tobirma jumped up at the sudden spike in chakra he sensed, blinking his eyes rapidly to try and get the sleep out of him as he turned to address the anbu that had rushed into the room.

"Tobirama-sama! It's-!!"

"I know." Tobirama growled as he hurriedly put on his happuri and battle armour he had stripped off moments ago as he turned once more to check up on his wife and daughter, who were still peacefully sleeping away.

He gave them both pecks on their forehead, making sure to place one of his specially-marked markers on the table so that he could flash back if anything were to happen before following the anbu out of the hospital.

-----------

"Madara?! How did you get out?!" A very shocked Hashirama exclaimed as he jumped down in front of his friend, his face one of pure surprise.

"Did you really think that pathetic seal could keep me away for long?! Don't you dare underestimate me, Hashirama!!!" Madara's Susanoo rose as he let out a roar in anguish, making his susanoo slash down on the buildings around him.

"Wood Style: Wood Dragon Jutsu!" 

Hashirama was quick to counter Madara's Susanoo with his own as he hopped onto the dragon's head, facing the man he called his friend.

"Don't do this.........Madara!!"

"You took her from me!!! Give her back!!! I'll never forgive you for taking her from me!!!"

His Susanoo slashed downward, cutting through the wooden dragon as Hashirama was quick to form another set of hand signs.

"Wood Style: Wood Golem jutsu!!"

The wooden dragon then attached itself to a wooden golem that slowly formed from beneath the ground as Hashirama's hands were clasped tightly together while dark red markings began to appear beneath his eyes and on his forehead.

"Here I come -Madara!"

"Hashiramaaaaa!!!"

The two giants clashed.

-----------

Hiruzen Sarutobi was working double time as he rushed to get the civilians to safety while having to constantly dodge flying debris from the fight ahead. 

"Hiruzen!!" Koharu called out as she jumped down next to him, her body full of cuts as she tried to catch her breath.

"Koharu! Daijobu?" Sarutobi asked worriedly as he went to support his injured friend, who indignantly waved him off.

"I'm fine! But more importantly, where's sensei?!" she asked briskly as another boy dropped down next to him. "Homura, have you seen him?"

"No........I can't sense his chakra anywhere...." the boy murmured sullenly as they all swiftly lifted their arms to protect themselves from the sudden, huge gust of wind sent their way.

"This battle is insane!! Konoha will be destroyed!!" Homura commented despondently, just as Koharu turned to snap at him. 

"Well we can't give up! We're going to hold the line till sensei gets here! Got it?!" she ordered her teammates, who nodded obediently as they prepared to disperse.

"Well said Koharu."

The three whipped their heads around as their eyes filled with hope when they saw their teacher.

"Tobirama-sensei! What took you so long?!" Hiruzen grumbled as Koharu shot him a glare for his words whilst Homura chose to remain silent.

"I had to take care of a few matters before I got here. But no matter - what's important is that the civilians are safe. Saru, you'll be following me in assisting Hokage-sama. Koharu, get the citizens caught near the battle to safety. Homura, report to the elders on what's happening before returning to assist Koharu." Tobirama gave his orders as his three students listened attentively.

"Hai!" 

Koharu and Homura jumped away as Hiruzen looked at Tobirama in confusion. 

"You don't usually bring me to battle with you........or at least, not a battle of this stage." Hiruzen remarked, remembering that his sensei usually told him to stay back whenever they encountered a powerful foe, despite him always begging to help.

".......you need the experience." was all Tobirama said before dashing forwards, Hiruzen following close on his heels.

-----------

Meanwhile, Hayumi had awoken - forcing her eyes to open as she glanced around at her blurry surroundings. She could faintly register the sound of explosions going off in the background as she forced herself to sit up as she looked out of the window, where she saw the all too familiar shape of her father's susanoo.

"Tou-sama........? He's..........here........?" she whispered as she tried to get off the bed, hissing at the sharp pain that coursed through her abdomen. Himeko, who had heard the sound, quickly woke up, thinking that something had happened when her eyes landed on her daughter.

"Hayumi! Yokatta!" she uttered as she made her way to her daughter's side before trying to push her to lay down on the bed.

"Yamete!" Hayumi struggled against her mother's hold as she wanted to get to her father.

"You can't! Your wound still hasn't healed yet!! And don't even get me started on the things I have to say to you!!" Himeko scolded as she succeeded in pushing her daughter down.

"Tou-sama's here! I have to - ungh!!!" she groaned in pain yet again when she felt the wound open a little due to her vehement struggling.

"No!! You're going to stay here! Your father will take care of that man!" 

Hayumi knew that the 'father' she had mentioned, was Tobirama as she floundered around even more before finally losing her patience.

"Sealing Jutsu : Chains of Eden!"

Thick, golden chains were suddenly appearing through the walls and floors of the room as they tightly wrapped themselves around Himeko, who had no time to react due to being surprised.

"This.....!"

She remembered teaching Hayumi this many years ago. Yet, she also remembered her always failing to produce them due to her low chakra reserves.

She didn't even have any time to get herself out as Hayumi's arm knocked the pressure point on her neck, effectively knocking her out.

"Ugh...." she wheezed at the drop in her low chakra as she held onto the nearby wooden drawer for support.

'Gomen.....kaa-san.....but I have to get to tou-sama......' she mentally apologised to her mother before picking up Tobirama's marker and jumping out through the window.

A/N

Double update :3