Chapter 8- My greatness prevails!

It will be a long chapter this time.
----------------------------------------------Days passed as floating clouds and now my first birthday is finally at our gates. It's also my grand debut in the society as the duke's daughter.

Currently my hair were being played with... I mean styled, by enthusiastic maids who acquired great pleasure in doing so. My mother had gone on a shopping spree the day before, buying luxurious, fluffy dresses in shades of pink.

I had tagged along, correction, I was dragged along forcefully.
I liked to see people dress up for me or cosplay, but trying on various dresses MYSELF, was something I really hated.

Ao was snickering the whole time and getting murderous glares by me as return gifts.

I liked classy but fashionable dresses so I had to get one custom-made, against my mother's wishes.

It looked gorgeous on me nonetheless. It was a classy red dress, thigh length, with golden embellishments arranged like a phoenix. I wore golden sandals with thin straps and short heels. My hair ornaments,neckpiece and bracelet shone, designed specially to match my outfit,with red rubies carefully carved like little roses, fitted on the edges.

My hair were done soon and I was made to face the maids , who squealed and gazed admiringly at their amazing masterpiece. I rolled my eyes at their over exaggerated reaction, but smirked internally, thinking, how my family members would react.

Ryu was the first one to see me in my fancy attire. He came in to see if I was ready and witnessed the miracle. The second he laid his eyes on me,he fainted with blood flowing out of his nose like a fountain and his pupils swirling around in circles. I giggled at his reaction.

Hearing the thud made by his fall, my parents came in. Father repeated my brother's actions while we, the mother daughter pair, laughed uncontrollably, much unlike proper ladies.

Till the time they woke up, I was bombarded with praise by my mother who was very excited for my debut,as if she was about to display a handmade artwork in an exhibition. It might just be the case here, the only difference being that the artwork could actually move and talk.

Blushing tremendously, the father and son woke up, saying that they will complete the mission, 'Utau protection' sucessfully, adding, that no boy must cling or talk to me. My mother and I slammed our hands on our foreheads for their childish behaviour, but we knew no explanation could persuade them.

Before we left, my family members asked me what gifts I desired from them. I just said that they only needed to pamper me their whole life, to which they joyfully agreed.

We entered the hallway, where my birthday party was to be held,as soon as the announcement of our grand entrance was made. We walked gracefully, gazes turned towards us, in a sequential manner, first my brother and father, who looked dashing in black suits,and then towards my mother,who was as elegant as ever.

I felt proud of my family, as I heard faint whispers of praise. When they finally saw the birthday girl,aka, the most adorable me,they gasped at my undeniably beautiful poise and appearance. I smirked and thought ' Surprised? But there's more to come.'

I went up on the stage, grabbed hold of the mic and started to speak," Welcome my dear guests, I am utterly grateful for your attendance at my humble cause. Please enjoy the party we have prepared for you. " I bowed and looked up, there was no noise. I knew people were astonished by my eloquent language and vocabulary at such a young age. Soon they started to clap loudly. I turned around and descended the stage.

I glanced at the people, there were gentlemen and women, boys and girls and elder people. Little boys, even those who were elder than me, were blushing so madly that I named them 'tomatoes.' Classy right? I heard words like 'humph' from jealous girls, so I bestowed upon them the honour of using the name' Jealousy overcame'.

The food was piled up in the corner, and my parents were busy declining engagement proposals for me that popped out of nowhere like popcorns in a popcorn making machine.

Come on... I am like 1 years old right now!!
My brother made himself busy, fending off the boys who tried to come near me, more like, those who even took a step forward in my direction. I had basically nothing left to do, after my stomach was full with delicacies. I wish I had my phone right now,or my sketchbook so I could draw.

I was so bored!! I stumbled upon many conversations, none of them were up to my taste so they were left halfway. Leaving your own party, like most protagonists would do is not something that should be done by a person of royal origins, so I stayed.

Time for my ultimate weapon for boredom....drumroll........ thinking about anime and manga, and making funny puns and fanfics, all in the mystery of the mind, or singing random songs. Lame, I know, but it is the best way to pass time. My ultimate weapon was in session.

Then I remembered that I wasn't alone, AO was there! He was invisible to all eyes except mine, and when I talked to him, it was in another dimension, so it doesn't seem like I am talking to air.

'Rememberence was quicker than expected' his voice echoed.

'Yeah... Sorry' I replied.

'When will this party get over?' I cried.

'Soon. Fifteen minutes left, Ms Zendaya.' He stated.

'You know, a cute being like you should not use a formal tone. Call me zendaya or utau sama, from now on.'

'Adding Sama is just like adding miss, in Japanese'

'I know that, but don't care. Do as I say, ao-chan.' This was a new nickname for him, a great invention.

'Hey! -chan is used for girls!'

'And for cute things'. I completed his sentence.

Our conversation, more like argument about trivial things, ended right at the time of termination of the party . I recited a farewell speech and got the same reaction. Guests left, and we did as well ,along with them.

As soon as I returned to my room, I plopped on my bed and fell asleep soundly. Exhaustion had worn me out completely.