Chapter 9- Boom! HE met HER!

Ryan Bering's POV

I was getting ready for my dad's friend's daughter's first birthday. This was supposed to be my first meeting with her. Must be another obnoxious girl with lousy, prideful attitude. I had met several girls like that, who cling on to handsome, rich guys, irrespective of their age.

When I was ready, I followed my servant to the royal carriage where my parents were already seated. My father was very excited to meet his childhood friend, now known as Duke Dandelion, and began to talk endlessly about how important he was to him. My mother chuckled at his childish behaviour.

We entered the hallway of the mansion where the party was to be held. My parents were talking to each other while I passed time by looking here and there. Announcement of the incoming of the hosts was made .

My heart stopped and my cheeks turned red as soon as I saw the birthday girl. There she was, a girl, no, a goddess to be precise, with elegant, graceful actions. A very young one,in fact, she was younger than me. She had fascinated everyone in the hall, including my father, the king himself. The little speech that she spoke, was filled with utmost poise, very unusual for a 1 year old.

Very intriguing indeed.

The moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew she belonged by my side and no one else's. Other girls had never impressed me as much as she did. In brief moments that I saw her, I could feel all kinds of unbeknown emotions- jealousy, shyness and love. She was born to be my fiance and the queen of this nation.

The whole time at the party, my eyes were fixed on her, so were the eyes of other boys. I saw her parents and brother fending off the boys. Befriending her would have been my first step but I was too nervous to even go near her, let alone talking to her. The party  ended and my idea failed.

As soon as we returned to our glamorous castle I went to my father's room. His bond with Duke Dandelion will come in handy to get me engaged to his friend's daughter.
Our conversation thus unfolded:

"Father, may I come in?"

"You may, son," He said.

He was reading a book and looking at me with gentle eyes

He was reading a book and looking at me with gentle eyes. I courageously went straight for the point, not wasting time or effort.

"Utau Dandelion's was a unique girl, wasn't she father? A perfect beauty, fit to be queen?"

My father looked up at me. He knew what I was getting at. So he decided to tease me ,"Is that fascination I see? "

"Dad!"

"I know son. She will be a great daughter in law. I will ask my friend about this but I may not succeed. His is very possessive about his daughter and is known for his stubborn nature."

"Dad, please try. I will not tolerate any other boy having her."

"As you wish my son."

I exited his study room. When I proceded further, I felt as if someone was staring at me to the point that my soul pierced. I turned around to find that it was my gossip loving mom. She had found a great scoop just now, a girl that I like, and she would not let it go unnoticed.

She started circling around me at an inhuman speed, gradually coming closer while smirking. I stood still and tried to find a way to escape but as soon as I began to lift my foot she came awfully close in a glance and blocked my way.

 I stood still and tried to find a way to escape but as soon as I began to lift my foot she came awfully close in a glance and blocked my way

"Ryan, my boy, you are too little to escape from my hands."

I sighed," Right mother."

"I heard that you like a GIRL...Am I right?"her voice resounded.

"That is correct and confidential, mother."

"Utau Dandelion,right, great choice! I knew it ,I knew it! It must be her,judging the way you looked at her during the party. I am looking forward for her to be my daughter in law!" She started to clap her hands joyfully like a child.

Before I was able to reply, she pounced on me in excitement and I fell down on the ground with her. She rubbed her face against mine playfully and said," I will have the opportunity to play with a girl when you marry, not that I don't like boys. I thought you would never marry, considering the way you looked at other girls with complete disgust in your eyes."

Sometimes I think we should have a license for making someone a queen or king. I mean ,look at my parents! In no way they seem like the emperor or empress.

When her excitement died down a bit,I told her that I had to go back to my room and rushed away hurriedly.  I sat down on my bed and began to make a plan on a little blackboard in my room. A plan to conquer the world's most unique and precious treasure,'Utau Dandelion!'