Chapter 11- Second and Last Showdown!

The coldy got a 360 degrees character change and now he is a smirking/smiling fool. How irritating!

This was the thought that resided in my brain all along our second meet, organised by His Majesty, the king. Ryan Bering, had tagged along with his father when he had to discuss a civil affair with my father, and had INCIDENTALLY bumped into me.

Now I am stuck with him in my rose garden. How great! I rolled my eyes. I wish I could undo my actions in the morning. Oh why did I even come out of my room?I remember, it was because of the weather. Why was it so pleasant?

After a while of being creeped out by his stares and questioning everything's existence in my mind, I began,"So, what brings you here to our dwelling, your majesty?"

"Nothing really. Just curious about my father's work and your brother. As you spoke so highly of him last time, I really want to meet him. Where is he?"

I knew that was just an excuse. He was enthralled by my beauty and grace. Well whatever, let's see how long can you keep up the act.

"He is training. I will go and call him. You know, he will only come when I call him. It might take a while though."

"Sure,there is no hurry,"He said with a smile.

Now I will have time to explain to him about what lies I had cooked up. Ryu will play along , I know.

Ryan's POV

Although I lost last time even after weeks of practice with a pillow, she won't beat me today. She came up with a strategy that would have chased away most boys, but not me. I am not easily giving up. I have to twist her words to match up my intentions.

She is indeed too intelligent for her age,too amazing! She can keep up with my wits and I am the genius of centuries.

This time I will gain victory. I came here with father and I saw her roaming around. The wind making her orange hair float above her shoulders was a site I could never forget. Her hair seemed like clouds during a sunset.

I walked up to her and I witnessed her facial expression change. She doesn't like me but that will change soon. She will love me soon.

Her facial expression kept changing when she thought, or was disgusted, but mine remained unchanged. Picking up our last conversation, I asked for her dear brother. Let's see if that guy lives up to her expectation. She always lives up to mine. My facial muscles were aching but I couldn't help but smile.

She came back with him and I saw them exchanging looks. Let's see what the sibling duo has stored in for me.

Utau POV

I know lying to the royal family is equivalent to treason but what I am going to say is partial truth. I explained the whole situation to Ryu and we hurried back to my battle with a new ally.

Triumph will be our possession!

"Here he is, your majesty, my noble knight known as Ryu Dandelion."

Ryu gracefully bowed to show respect and said," I am pleased to meet you, your majesty."

"I am pleased to make your acquaintance too, Ryu Dandelion, and no need to be formal. It seems that I have known you for a long time as your sister seems to talk about you often. You may call me by my first name, after all, we share the same age."

"How can I talk to you like that, your majesty?" He said, completely flustered.

"Why not? Humans are equal and so are we."

"Thank you for your kindness, then I will call you by your first name..R..Ryan."

Oh My God, he looked so cute when he spoke that! A perfect shoujo protagonist! But there is no time for fangirling. That was quite a clever strategy though.

"It will not look good if only your brother and I speak informally. You are also allowed to call me by my first name,Utau."

Ha! I knew it he was going to say that. So predictable! Let's give him what he wants then. A cackle resounded in my head.

"Sure why not, Ryan you have a really nice name."

Ryan's POV

I chose my words perfectly but why didn't she blush and stagger when she said my name. Isn't that how girls should act? Any other girl would have killed to have this opportunity but she just brushed it off like it was nothing. Her brother is much more girly than her!

But then again, she is an extraordinary girl and she cannot be grouped with normal people. She will not give in easily.

She smirked a little after speaking her last sentence like she was saying 'Now take this!'

He brother looked at her shockingly. Poor Ryu, caught between a battle between two ferocious, stubborn beasts. Rather than a love rival, he seemed like a poor kitten, pun intended.

"Ryan, come, we have to go." My father called.

"I guess I have to go now. See you soon, Utau, Ryu."

I wished I could have stayed longer but I have kind of accomplished my goal so I guess it is fine.

(With Ao)

Utau's POV

"So I guess it was my win?"

"No, it was a tie. He fulfilled his purpose and you made him disappointed too in the process."

"Right. Ao, on second thought, I don't think it is my style to think too much. I will change my strategy. From now on I will just 'Go With The Flow', you know.  A slimy attitude suits me better, carefree and lazy, but the display of my talents will not falter, after all I am the best. My family will deal with all the hard, difficult,energy-consuming stuff."

"What are you, an old man or something? You sure depend on your family alot. But what you wish will happen anyway, Utau Sama." He sighed. He had also understood that there's no one who can handle me so he lets me do whatever I want.