Chapter 10- A Perfect shield called brother

Utau's POV

(3 months after the party)

After the party had terminated, a lot of invitations arrived, for parties, picnics, etc. Lot of noble Dukes and Duchesses wanted to introduce their children to me. They wanted them to be my 'friend' but I knew better. It was merely done for their own benefit, to make way for future relationships.

Even the monarch invited me over to his palace, seemingly astonished with my mature conduct at the party. My father, being a close acquaintance of the king, could not refuse the proposal.

It was the time to meet the crown prince, Ryan, the coldy who was one of the capture targets. Not wanting to give my parents another pile of stress to deal with, I agreed to it.
I was going to meet him anyway, so why bother to run away.

I called Ao to have a round table discussion, which is just a fancy term for a somewhat serious conversation, and we gathered all the knowledge about the forementioned person.

Strange... Our first meeting was supposed to be on my fifth birthday, where Utau would have fallen for that guy, like head-over paws-style, and chased him around like a starving lion chasing after a goat. Yes, he is nothing more than a goat, with the white gelled hair on his head, presiding over every phenomenon like he owns the world, not aware that he is a powerless being like the rest.

Let him have a taste of what he thinks he owns, by the specially prepared meal of Utau Dandelion's flawless deportment.

I chose a dark magenta knee-length dress with long sleeves and enlarged ends with a bow at the shoulders, adorned with  embellishments. I wore a tiny heart-shaped pendant with a diamond shaped ruby in the middle.

I got on the carriage with my parents and was thinking about my manoeuvre the whole way while my father babbled about how the he would not let the king, his long-term friend, take his precious daughter away.

I had schemed to talk about my brother's so-called charm the whole time, so that the listener feels like I am a brocon and he would leave me alone. Brother could not come with me as he had that harsh training so the only possible flaw in my plan had vanished.

A perfect escape would be made as he would not get engaged with a girl who doesn't consider anyone else a better guy than her brother.

I giggled viciously, giving everyone 'The creeps" but they soon shoved the thought off and substituted it with another one of my cutesy-dutesy acts.

We were greeted by the royal family which was assembled in the royal garden, waiting for our arrival. The main butler had led us to them. The king and my father hugged each other while the ladies, including me, curtsied. Beside the queen, I saw the coldy standing and staring at me with a slight smirk. I smirked back.

He was so surprised that he stumbled backwards a little and I noticed him mumbling some words with a blush. The four-year-old boy was for sure a handful of troubles, apart from being prideful and stubborn. I sighed and sat down on the vacant white chairs along with everyone else.

The questions for me were brought by the empress accompanied by a tiny, almost invisible, smirk. Is this a family of smirks or what?! The words they said had a hidden meaning behind them too.

The empress started by mentioning that I must be lonely without any friends in my mansion and glanced at me and her son, hinting that she wanted me to befriend the prince.

"Not at all your majesty, I have my family and my DEAR BROTHER, how can I feel lonely?" I replied, emphasising the words 'dear brother.' I found a great opportunity to execute my agenda. So my babbling began," My brother is my best friend and I am going to marry him one day!" I feigned innocence and cuteness.

Everyone spit their tea that they were drinking, in surprise. You could see a gush of brown coloured liquid flow from their mouths on to the white tablecloth. I felt sorry for the poor tablecloth and wished for its happiness and eternal beauty in its next life.

My father almost began to spout something unnecessary but then he understood why I had said that, so he stopped. The prince who was glancing at me before, widened his eyes. I knew he wasn't expecting it.

He calmed down soon enough and before anyone else could speak, he asked his mom for permission for us to talk in private. His mother slowly nodded, still astonished by my forestated action. I tried to refuse it, but my refusal was not accepted. I was dragged into the opposite side of the garden. I followed along unwilling.

But man,it was beautiful. Fountains with crystal clear water and highly maintained bushes in the shapes of different animals. Statues of Greek gods carved by the greatest sculptor. No one could spot the difference between heaven and this place. I stood amazed at the site that laid before me.

"Ahemm...May I have your attention,Ms. Utau?"

Ugh, now you have ruined it. I turned around to see the culprit who had destroyed my momentary bliss. Pissed, I may be, but I dared not to disrespect royalty. I answered,"Please do, your majesty, I am honoured that you have called for me." Those words had reluctantly been thrown at him, as they possessed no emotion whatsoever. I did not want to respect him, but I liked to act all noble and mature.

"The garden that took you by amazement, was established by my grandfather and it is one of the most beautiful place in our kingdom. He had a wide interest in such things."

The guy's smart. He started the conversation with a topic of interest. Well, I am infinitely smarter, so I counter attacked," It is truly spectacular. It is the exact embodiment of a place my brother had promised to build for me when he grew up."

How was that!

"Oh really, so please do invite me when he does that. I will help him to create a miracle. That reminded me, where is your brother?"

Wait what! How did he? Hmm... He is not just a stupid goat then. Now take this!

"He is training. He told me that he will become the best man in the world and marry me. Silly, isn't he? He is already the best person in the universe."

I heard a faint giggle from the prince. I can clearly see he is enjoying this. He is not living up to his cold character anymore!

"The way you speak about him has made me curious. I would like to befriend him. Next time I will come to your mansion to meet him. "

He is so persistent. Why can't you just let me be? I guess it is the time to use my secret weapon.

I pouted and spoke in the most adorable voice with puppy dog eyes," My brother might leave me if he meets your highness. He might think I am inferior to you. I cannot possibly let that happen! Please can you not meet him? Pretty please?"

He blushed and fainted form nosebleed.

God of victory has chosen me! I wanted to break dance right now  but it was impossible in this dress.

It's not over yet though. I have to explain the situation to the half dead person's parents. I dragged him back to the table, and with feigned anxiety, i told them that after I said something, he fell down and fainted. I added crocodile tears to my explanation and obviously I was forgiven.

How despicable of me! I was able to give him a proper taste of mud when I dragged him. I was completely satisfied with my performance.

We returned to our mansion as the hosts had to treat their dear prince.

I was going to my room, whistling leisurely when I met my brother.

"Sister, were you talking about me? I was hiccuping continuously," He asked.

"Yes brother, I just told the prince how amazing you are!" I said while hugging him. He smiled and hugged me back. His short break was over so he went back to his magic training.

Oh my poor, little, sweet brother, you are so innocent. I hope you don't die from hiccups as your name would reside in my every conversation with the capture targets, specially the prince.
I looked for Ao so I could tell him the whole scene with the prince and we both laughed till our stomachs bled, though not literally.