[01] Uno.

Nobody knew how it started.

They were just suddenly everywhere; one second you were outside with your friends and your friend's annoying girlfriend, drinking coffee and then the other one, you had someone slowly entering the building, walking towards to you.

He looked so normal, not like how they picture zombies in movies. There was no dead skin, no scary look, no rotten body parts. He just looked like someone with a massive hangover; that's why we didn't think anything of it at first. For us, it was just someone with a sprained ankle walking toward us. That's why we let him get so close.

Hey, dude, you okay there?

Stupid.

So stupid.

That's how we got the first one of us killed.

A simple bite to the neck.

Hard.

Blood was everywhere.

Then it was just panic.

I mean, I firmly believe there is no correct way to react to one of your best friends being eaten alive by another person. It's not something that happens everyday, after all; or, well, it didn't use to happen.

Everyone was screaming, shaking, there was no time to think.

So we ran.

Most of us, one stayed behind, too shocked to react. She's probably dead now.

Not like we liked her anyway.

Outside the coffee shop it looked like there had been a (kinda big) party the previous night, and there was more alcohol than you could drink in your whole life.

They weren't many, but the panic made them feel like hundreds.

Still, we were able to get out of there alive.

You see, the thing is, these were the nice type of zombies. Like The Walking Dead ones, slow, stupid, kind of blind. It would've been a completely different story if we were talking about The Last of Us or Dying Light zombies, they're fast, way more lethal and not that dumb.

Most of my friends went home to try and see their family.

Unluckily for some of us, we were there thanks to a scholarship or studying and had no family near; not even in the same country or state, we were alone.

I went to the apartment I was living at, it was a closed building, which I believe was safer than a house, those things are too open.

Phones still worked, so I got to talk with my parents, they were alive and safe.

The news were a mess, they didn't know how any of it had started, they were just telling people to stay home, and calm.

Calm.

Of course, as if it's easy to stay calm when there's people outside that eat humans.

Some friends came with food and supplies, nobody wanted to be alone; the more the merrier, after all.

We hid there for days.

The rest doesn't matter.

Things stopped working.

More people were turned.

Humans started showing their true colors.

The authorities weren't helpful at all, not new.

Etcetera.

When we ran out of food we had to get out of there.

Now it's been four months since it all started, two of the friends that were with me were killed already, and I accidentally got lost from the other three.