[14] Catorce.

The dude next to Finneas was trying to cover the wound Finneas's knife had made. Blood leaking from it as he choked.

He fell on his knees as he tried to get the gun that was in his back pocket, but before he could get it he collapsed on the floor, his blood making a puddle around his body.

"Uh," I cleared my throat, "does that mean that, uhm, I'm not dying? Cause, like, I'm kinda lost here," I smiled awkwardly.

"Not by my hand," Finneas sighed.

"Damn, that sounded really knightly, you play Dungeons and Dragons or something? Watched too much Game of Thrones?"

"Please shut up."

"Yeah, okay, so... are we... getting Billie and your girlfriend back or...?"

"Yes, we are. Both of them."

"Okay," I sniffed, "and are you gonna, like... untie me now or do you wanna chat a little more?"

"Fuck, I can't believe I'm doing this," he mumbled to himself as he kneeled next to me, untying my hands.

"You and me both, dude, I thought you were really gonna give them your sister," I heard Finneas scoff but I ignored him, "to be honest, that would've been really shitty, like, bro, you gave them your own sister!"

"Can you shut up?" He groaned. "I know I fucked up, you don't need to remind me."

"Oh, my bad, sorry."

"There," Billie's brother said as he finished untying me. He leaned back, offering a hand so I could get up.

I took it, and once I was standing in front of him I smiled, Finneas returning the gesture. "I'm sorry," I warned.

Finneas frowned, "for what?"

I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled before swinging my right hand forward, my closed fist crashing against his nose.

Pain instantly settled on my knuckles.

"Ow!" He screamed, holding his face with both hands as his nose started bleeding. "What the fuck!"

I chuckled, shaking my hand, "oh man, you got a tough head, that hurt more than I thought it would."

He scoffed, tilting his head up. "Oh, excuse me, did my broken nose hurt your hand?!"

"You deserve it," I rolled my eyes. "Also, I don't think you're supposed to do that with your head, I've heard tilting it up makes it worse."

"Oh, now you care?"

"I don't, you could die for all I care. But you're my baby's brother, so I can't let you die."

He scoffed, "and punching me is okay?"

"That was for letting them take her," I told him as I turned to the dead guy on the floor and grabbed the gun on his back pocket, putting it inside the waistband of my pants. "I would totally beat you up, but, again, you're Billie's brother, and I'm sure she'd kill me if I did."

"You broke my nose!" Finneas screamed at me.

"Listen, dude, no offense but a broken nose is definitely better than what I really want to do with you," I rolled my eyes as I faced him again, "and to be honest, you deserve it."

"I know," he murmured, shame taking a hold of his features.

"But if you ever do anything that could end up with your sister being harmed again," I took a step closer to him, my pointer finger hitting his chest, "you better not let me catch you, cause boy, I will destroy you."

He audibly gulped, "yeah, I--, I won't."

"Good," I smiled, "now let's go." I turned around and started walking towards the exit, not looking back to check if Finneas was following me.

"Can you give me a second at least?! I've got kind of an issue back here!"

"That's what you get for giving your sister to some random assholes!"

"They're not really random, dude!" He said as he tried to catch up with me, and stop his bleeding nose at the same time. "They're a huge group, they kidnap people that used to be actors, singers, whatever they were as long as they were famous and they give them the choice," he said somberly.

"What choice?"

"Not any choice, the choice."

"Why do you say it as if I'm stupid for not knowing that the choice is? Why do you even emphasize the the in it?"

"You don't know?! They're famous for that exact reason!"

"For having the choice and not for the famous people they kidnap?"

"Hey, you don't choose what makes you famous, you just are."

"Okay but what even is the choice."

Finneas rolled his eyes, "not the choice," he paused, looking straight at me, "the choice."

"Are you gonna say what the fucking choice is or what?!"

"Not the choice," he frowned, "the choice."

"Finneas, I swear to god I will break another body part if you don't finish the damn idea."

"Fine, okay," he scratched his head, "so, it's entertain or be killed."

"And that's it?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Why the fuck do they make so much emphasis on the the then? That's so fucking dumb."

"Look, dude, I was just with them cause I want my girlfriend back, I don't know their story."

"Then why the fuck were you so adamant on the emphasis on 'the choice' being perfect?"

"It's just how things are, dude," he shrugged, "I don't make the rules."

"Fine, whatever, just--," I sighed, "lead the fucking way."

He started walking down a path on the left, signaling for me to follow him. "What are you planning on doing once we get there?"

"I honestly have no fucking idea, but they got my baby, and I'll kill anyone that stands in my way."

"Anyone?"

"I would've killed you if I didn't need you to get to where they have her."

"Wow," he gulped, "so you, like--, really love her, huh?"

"I mean, love is a big word, but, yeah."

"That's a pretty rare thing to find these days," he smiled, "even harder when the world's this fucked up."

"I don't know, man, your sister's just pretty fucking cool."

"I know, she's amazing."

"Yet you gave her away."

"Please don't start with that again," he groaned, "I told you I'm sorry, okay? I don't know what I was thinking and I should've done better."

"Yeah, you should've."

"It won't ever happen again, I promise."

"If you want to keep being able to breathe, then it better not."

"But you know? I'm glad my sister has someone like you to look after her."

"Finneas?"

"Yeah?"

"Fuck you, bro."

...

Oh boy will I ever go back to regular updates? we might never know...