[13] Trece.

"So... was last night the best shit you've ever had or...?" I asked her, as we walked through a street in an abandoned town.

Billie hummed, "scale of 1 to 10?"

"Yeah, sure."

"A 5," she turned to me, smiling.

Wow, that shit hurt.

"A 5!?"

"A solid 5."

"Are you serious?!"

"I mean, the bed was kind of uncomfortable, plus you've had better."

"Yeah, but--, 5...?"

"You'll just have to try it again tonight," she shrugged.

"You're just trynna get into my pants."

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," she winked.

"You're annoying."

"What, you gon' cry now, mamas?"

"Ha, ha, funny."

Billie chuckled as she stopped walking. She stretched her arms and groaned. "Okay, you better stop whining and find somewhere to rest so we can eat, 'cause I could literally eat a horse."

"I thought you were a vegan."

"No, I'm American."

"Top comedy right there, no better joke will ever be told."

"You're dumb, just pick a house."

"Fine." I looked around the road, trying to find the closest house. "There," I pointed, "let's go."

"You're the boss, I'll follow you," she smiled as she grabbed my hand, walking towards the house ahead of me.

"Didn't you just say I was the boss and that you would follow me?"

"I lied."

"Wow."

...

"Ugh, that shit was good," Billie sighed as she laid on the kitchen floor, her head on my thigh.

"I dunno, I'm really missing McDonald's right now."

"You gotta appreciate what you get, baby."

"I guess you're right," I smiled, running my fingers through her hair.

She grinned, looking up at me.

Fuck, who gave her the right to be so fucking pretty.

As I gazed down at her, something fell in the livingroom, making Billie and stand up. I followed her up and took my gun out, slowly walking to where the sound came.

"Wait here," I whispered, "if I scream the mouse ate the cat then you escape, do not look back."

"You're so fucking weird, plus I'm not leaving you, --but I'll stay here."

I entered the room and looked around, as I walked to the center of the room, someone jumped from behind the couch and onto my back, choking me and taking the gun from my hand.

"Shit!" I screamed as I elbowed the person on the ribs.

They groaned, their hold loosened as the gun fell, giving me a chance to grab the arm around my neck and bite it.