[03] Tres.

The sun sucks.

It sucks big time.

You could be there, pleasantly sleeping on the most comfortable bed you've slept in for weeks, and that asshole has to find a crack on a window to get in and be right on your fucking eyes.

The sun could suck my dick.

Even if I didn't have one.

Slowly opening my eyes, I took my surroundings in.

Billie wasn't asleep anymore, she wasn't even in the room.

I got up and stretched my arms and legs, making my way outside. The store was quiet as I looked around the halls for some food.

Grabbing some cans of beans I had found, I walked back to the room to look for my knife so I could open the canned food and eat.

As I was eating, the door opened and Billie came in; she instantly smiled when she saw me awake and eating.

"Morning, bro," she greeted.

I'm starting to feel bro-zoned.

"Hi, dude," I said with my mouth full of food. "How was your night?"

Billie put her hand on her ear, "I'm sorry, what? I couldn't understand shit with all the food you got there."

Rolling my eyes, I flipped her off, but that only made her laugh.

We spent some time talking about whatever could come to mind, as I finished my food. I learnt she was a singer before this whole thing happened, pretty famous too, I couldn't believe I had never heard of her. The whole being a celebrity thing helped her survive the first weeks, seeing as every single one of her fans wanted to help, but they started getting dangerous. Asking too much of Billie, going as far as telling her either they fucked or they would tell people where she was, which was an awful thing.

You see, after the whole zombie situation, people started kidnapping celebrities to sell their bodies for a high price.

At first fans helped, but when surviving became too much, even the biggest stans gave their favorites to that group in exchange of supplies, weapons or protection.

People suck.

Billie almost got dragged to them, but Finneas managed to get her out of there before anything bad happened, and then they got separated; so she had been on the run the last weeks, until this safe place appeared.

"And that's my story," she finished explaining. "Now I'm running out of food, which means I'll have to leave soon."

As I was throwing away the can of beans I had eaten, I cleared my throat. "Well, you know, I'm going to this safe zone that's East from here, you could come with me? Maybe we'll find your brother along the way. Besides, you're the one that knows which way is East."

Billie seemed to consider her options in her head.

"I mean, that's better than staying here alone," she smiled.

"So you'll come?" I asked hopefully.

Traveling with pretty girls is my kink. If this were a movie or TV show, we'd end up dating.

Who am I kidding? They'd probably find a way to get an annoying guy in and give either of us a forced straight relationship even when we had the best dynamic ever, and at the end, one of us would get shot and die, giving our ship an abrupt end.

Fuck writers.

"Just promise me you won't give me to the fucking clan that's chasing me."

"Of course I won't, dude, cross my heart."