Chapter 2

Misha's POV:

"I don't think this is a good idea." I narrowed my eyes at the phone screen while Zoya sat beside me cross legged and her eyes shining sinisterly. I knew she was going to get us both into trouble. Rubab was awfully silent though. What was up with her?

"OH COME ON! Kuch nahi hota. (Nothing will happen.) Just accept the request already. He is so cute. Plus Humayun has met him so it's not like you are doing anything wrong. Your whole family knows about him!" Zoya quickly replied because she could definitely tell I was going to back out of this.

"What do you think, Ru?" I questioned Rubab who smiled and I hoped that she would side with me on this but one penetrating stare from Zoya and she rose her hands up in surrender.

"Uh, well, Zoya is right. You know Usman. He is been your batch mate for two years now. He seems harmless. Just accept his request. You hardly have any pictures on face book so it's not like he is going to screenshot them or anything." Rubab replied and Zoya nodded her head eagerly. I sighed loudly before finally pressing on my phone screen. I knew I was going to regret this.

You are now friends with Usman Malik.

Usman was the first friend I made in university. I was planning to pursue fashion design and he was a student of architecture but we had the same classes in first year since it was a foundation year to strengthen our art skills and basics. I still remember how he looked simply confused in the first class. His expressions went from 'what even is happening?' to 'what did I get myself into?' It was hilarious because it was a look that I mirrored all too well at first as well.

He looked at my lost expressions and causally asked me, "Kuch samajh arahi hai? (Do you understand anything that is happening?)" I just shook my head no because I was a little surprised to see a guy talking to me. I wasn't used to it at all. I had been home schooled for Alevels ever since things went down with Ibraheem. This was my first ever exposure of a Co-ed institution. It wasn't as bad as I had thought though. Sure guys would stare at me from time to time but nothing extreme.

Anyway, Usman grinned at my reply and replied with a 'kasam se, same here. (I swear, same here.)' And after that, well, we just became friends. I made a lot of other friends too, girls and guys, but Usman just seemed more trust worthy compared to other guys plus there was the added fact that Humayun had met him which was one of the weirdest experiences of my life honestly.

Flashback to First year:

Humayun had come to pick me up from university and I just so happened to be standing with Usman who was showing me his architectural sketch. Humayun showed up out of nowhere and stared at Usman suspiciously. Usman looked slightly shook but decided to greet Humayun.

"Asalam o Alaikum." Usman greeted happily and Humayun looked at me and then back at Usman.

"Walaikum Asalam." Humayun replied and silence fell on us so I decided to introduce the two of them together. I was scared out of my life but I had to do something.

"Um, bhai, this is Usman, he is my batch mate. Uh, Usman, this is my brother, Humayun bhai."

"Oh, okay. Nice to meet you Misha's brother." Usman grinned and I internally face palmed. How was this guy so calm? I forgot to tell him how my family was strict and all but for some reason, Humayun calmly met him which surprised me. I had expected him to punch him until he had a broken nose or missing teeth but Humayun just shook his hand. Once, Usman was gone and I was sitting in Humayun's car, he turned his head towards me.

"I trust you, our entire family trusts you. I know things happened in the past but that is all behind us now. It's okay to make guy friends, we won't scold you for it, it is an inevitable thing in university but just be careful of them. Not all of them are as they seem. You are a sensible girl, Misha." Humayun lectured me and I just nodded my head in understanding. That was the silent acceptance I had needed. It was okay to make guy friends but even more than that, my family officially trusted me now.