Chapter 46

Misha's POV:

I randomly picked out two or three plain underwear quickly and stepped outside the shop in his chaddar again. I could tell that the female sales women were judging me so I just wanted to leave. It was so suffocating in the shop.

All I needed now was to buy shalwar kameez to change into. I scanned the area and spotted Ibraheem sitting on a bench beside the shop, talking on his phone. One of his leg was crossed on top of the other as he stretched his arm on the back rest. He looked at me with a smile and ushered me with his finger. I sighed inwardly as I slumped my shoulders and dragged my feet to him.

"Theek hai. Nazar rakh ke woh agay kya karta hai. Men thori daer tak baat karta hun tumse. (Alright. Keep an eye on his next move. I will talk to you in a while.)" Ibraheem answered in a low voice as he hung up with a dark look on his face. There was a menacing glint in his eyes. I had noticed the serious aura surrounding him but he quickly masked it when he saw me looking at him.

"Everything alright?" Somehow, he seemed slightly tense. Ibraheem hesitated before answering with a grin.

"Yes, my love, just political obligations." Ibraheem assured me but somehow, I could feel that there was more to it than just political obligations. I wanted to pursue the topic but he just shrugged it off as he rose to his towering height and glanced into the shopping bag I had brought with me from the lingerie shop. "So what did you buy? We have to cut the shopping trip a little short because something came up jaan. Is it alright if we just go to one or two more shops?"

I was sure something was definitely wrong now. Ibraheem was ditching the trip he was so excited about. I noticed that he was waiting for a response from me so I nodded my head in understanding. It dawned on me that I had to make my escape in the next two or three shops that we went too. I had hoped to drag this trip for as long as possible so I could devise a strategy but it looks like that wasn't going to work.

I looked down at the shawl I was wearing. I needed to get rid of this first. It was too tiresome and annoying to carry. Now then, how should I go about it?

Ibraheem's POV:

Misha was in deep thought as she observed my shawl. I could tell she was going to try something absurd again. But I really had to leave soon. Fahad's call had made me worried.

According to him, Shahbaz's men were following us from the airport. How did that fucker even know that I had landed back in Karachi? I really needed to take him down before he takes me down. Oppositional parties were frustrating. Just how much did he know? Was there an insider among us?

I turned to look at Misha's back as she looked around different shops. Did he find out about Misha too? I couldn't risk it with her. She was my everything. I had to get her out of here and take her back home to safety. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket again so I took it out. Kamran's caller ID flashed this time. I swiped the screen as I picked it up.

Misha pointed to a shop while looking at me and I nodded as I followed her inside.

"What's up?" I questioned Kamran while keeping an eye on Misha. She picked out an all black shalwar kameez with small white pearls on it's neck. It would look cute on her. She then moved to another shelf and picked out a blood red suit.

"Bhai, there was a car following me as well. That means there is definitely a car following you and Fahad too." Kamran had just confirmed my suspicion. "I managed to beat up the two people in the car and got some answers. They know about Misha. They have already told Shahbaz." I felt my jaw clench at that. Damn it.

"Alright, meet me back at my place. Bring Fahad too." I hung up as I watched my little fox
excitedly picking out outfits. Her blue eyes were bright and her hair was bouncing every time she walked left or right in that huge chaddar. She just looked so pure and precious in that moment. There was no way I was going to let anyone hurt her or take her away from me. Never. I will kill them if they tried to touch even a hair on her head.