Chapter 37

Misha's POV:

Bus inki kaami thi. (Just what I wanted) I thought sarcastically as I walked towards the door and opened it to let my apparent 'relatives' inside. My father's brother, my taya and his wife, my tayi and their only son, Farrukh, were standing at the main gate. I had seen far too much of my father's side today. First phupho and now them. Wonderful. I could feel a headache coming. Everyone had that one side of their parent's family that they didn't get along. For me, it was my father's side. Snitch cousins and toxic ties. You name it, we had it.

I greeted them with a fake smile as both Taya abbu and Tayi ammi patted my head as they stepped inside. Farrukh was the last one to enter. His eyes stayed on me for a bit longer than necessary. I grimaced at him but he just smirked as he stepped inside. I honestly didn't understand why my Phupho's daughters were obsessed with him. Sure he was handsome but his creepiness overpowered his other features. We never really got along although we were only two years apart. I knew he hated me calling him bhai so I decided to piss him off.

"Asalam o Alaikum Farrukh Bhai." I grinned and as expected, the smirk disappeared from his face. It was his turn to scowl at me. HA! I am not the same Misha he could easily bully like before. I knew his games all too well.

"Walaikum Asalaam Misha. How are you?" He stepped closer to me but I took a step back on instinct.

"Perfect bhaiya." My grin widened and I could feel his eyes harden for a few seconds but then they turned back to normal. He ignored my answer as he walked into the drawing room and sat down on a sofa. Ammi walked in and greeted them as well. She looked at me with confusion. I was sure we both were thinking the same thing which was,

What were they doing here? What did they want now?

Whenever they visited, they only did it for their own selfish interests although they were as well-off as us, no wait, they were richer than us. Farrukh drove a Mercedes around and traveled abroad quite a lot. I noticed Farrukh looking at me again. Ugh, I wish Humayun and Qasim were home. They would distract this play-I mean Farrukh. Abbu also joined them so I decided to use it as my cue to escape. I didn't really enjoy Farrukh's company if it wasn't obvious enough yet.

Fortunately at that exact moment, I saw Ibraheem calling me so I excused myself as I made a run for it. I decided to go to the garden to answer his call. I looked around to see if the coast was clear and then swiped my phone.

"Thank God you called." I huffed into the phone as I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. I really couldn't stand Farrukh. I don't know but his presence really ticked me off. Not to mention, the way he stared wasn't really subtle. I don't know what Rida and Isha saw in him. Maybe because they were the same type of people? There wasn't much difference between phupho's family and Taya's. Rida or Isha would suit Farrukh a lot. Should I call them over? That would be fun. Farrukh would be annoyed and it would be pleasant to the eyes plus I am sure if they hear that he is here, they will come flying.

"Really? You were mad at me a few hours ago. What changed?" I could hear the amusement in Ibraheem's voice and I felt my mood getting better again. I put aside my evil plotting for a bit as I decided to talk to my husband.

"My relatives showed up out of nowhere." I answered and I could hear Ibraheem humming in response. His humming felt so soothing to my ears.

"Oh, the type you don't get along with?"

"Exactly that type. Anyway, I am glad you called. I managed to escape." I smiled as I looked up at the night sky. The stars were out today. It looked beautiful. "What are you up to? I wish you were here right now."

"Wish who was here right now?" Farrukh's voice near my ear made me jump two feet up the ground. I felt my heart stop as I quickly turned around to stare at him in shock. This creepy maniac. When did he show up? He had his hands stuffed in his pockets as he leaned down to look at me properly. He had broad shoulders so he easily covered me with his shadow. He was staring at my phone but fortunately, I had made the screen black although the call was still going on.