Chapter 12

Meanwhile Zoya's POV:

My shoulders and back hurt from sitting in the same seat for two hours straight. I stretched as I let out a weird sound. Contract law was so dry but thankfully it was the last class for today so I can head home and sleep the exhaustion off. I wonder how Rubab's date is going. She was supposed to meet Zohaib today. I will call her tonight for details, better yet I will do a conference call with her and Misha so we can roast her together.

Mondays are so rough. Ugh. Everything hurts. Where the heck is Shahbaz? He was supposed to pick me up today. I was about to dial his number but suddenly felt eyes on me so I snapped my head in the direction where I was getting the sensation from but there was no one there.

How odd. I felt someone tap my shoulder so I looked behind me to see Mustafa standing there. Great. Another problem just popped up. I faked a smile as I turned to him completely. Shahbaz needs to hurry the hell up, I can't pretend for long. Mustafa is my senior who I flirted with for a while because he has a nice body and all but ugh, his egoistic nature was such a turn off that I subtly ghosted his ass which I don't think sat well with his womanizing nature. I can't totally block him either because I still need favors from him meaning notes on how to ace courses and all.

"Hey Zoya, you free today?" Mustafa flashed me a smile that I used to like at one point but it just annoyed me now.

"Hello Mustafa, I am sorry, some stuff came up at home so I got to leave early today. Some other day for sure?" I smiled politely hoping he picked up on the hint that he needs to go away but of course his dumb self intentionally refused to do so.

"Oh, cool, what other day? How about Wednesday? We can go to Gloria Jeans and have coffee together?" What do I say now? If I say yes, he will wait outside my class with those abs of his and if I say no, he will continue to insist until we decide a day. I swear, this guy didn't know how to pick up a subtle 'no'. I was still contemplating a reply when the ground started to vibrate from the loud bass coming from some nearby woofers and speakers. I could hear loud trance music playing close by so I turned around to see the source, just in time for it to turn super low. I smiled genuinely this time as I couldn't believe my eyes at who had showed up in front of my university gates.

"Zoya Ali Sheikh!" I heard my cousin, Danish, say as he popped his head out of sunroof of the black V8 Cruiser he was in. "Surprise!" Zain, Danish's twin, said as he popped his head out as well and pushed Danish to the side causing him to groan and glare at him. I chuckled. Always making a dramatic entry. 

I could feel eyes on me but I was just so happy to see them that it didn't matter. Shahbaz was sitting on the passenger seat while Saad, Danish and Zain's older brother, stepped out of the driver's seat and gave me a mischievous smile which turned into a scowl when he looked at Mustafa. I swear I saw Mustafa flinch but that was actually a good thing.

"Sorry Mustafa, my family is here to pick me up. I got to go, let's talk about this some other time." I said quickly as I turned my back to him and fast walked to where Saad was standing. He gave me a side hug and ruffled my hair.

"Long time no see, Zuzu. How is my favorite cousin?" Saad questioned in his husky voice and I grinned at him.

"Perfect. When did you guys land in Pakistan? Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I questioned Saad as I sat down in the back seat and high-fived Danish and Zain who were non-identical twins.

"Well, we landed yesterday noon and we wanted to give you a surprise so we made sure no one told you." Danish replied sheepishly. Danish and Zain were a year younger than me but they looked way older because they all had muscular builds while Saad was turning 25 next month.