Chapter 10

Ibraheem's POV:

The first thing I did after landing in Lahore was going to the place I hadn't stepped foot in over five years. Nostalgia hit me like a brick when I stood before the house I had far too many memories with. So the curtains weren't golden anymore, huh? The address plate didn't say the name of Misha's father anymore either. The man who received the door said that Misha's family had moved years ago. I told them, I was a family friend who had just returned from Canada to meet them. When I asked him where they were staying now, he shook his head saying he had no idea. The second thing I did was call her number.

'The number you are calling no longer exists.'

Misha, my little fox. You really think you can escape if you change your address? If you change your number or if you block me? I am just getting started. I called the second number I knew would help me.

"Ibraheem bhai! Kya haal hen? (Ibraheem brother! How are you?)" Salman's cheerful voice answered. Always so reliable. Of course, he would know where Misha is after all his future sister in law was Misha's best friend.

"Bilkul theek. Salman, aik kaam tou kar. (Perfectly fine. Salman, do something for me.)" I cut to the chase. If he wasn't going to find her for me, I had other ways too.

"Hukam karen sir. (Order away, sir.)" I could sense the amusement in Salman's voice.

"Misha ka ata pata tou nikalwa kar dena. (Find Misha's whereabouts for me.)" Kamran who was standing in front of me mouthed Zoya's name which made me roll my eyes before I decided to add that part as well. "Aur Zoya ka bhi. (And Zoya's too.)"

"Oh, pata lagwane ki zarorat hi nahi. Mujhe pehle hi sab pata hai kyunke woh Bhabhi ki dosten hen. Ap batao ap Lahore ho? Mil kar details bataoun? (Oh, I don't need to find that out. I already know know all that because they are sister in law's friends. Are you in Lahore? Shall we meet up so I can give you details?)" Salman offered and I accepted.

"Zaroor. (For sure.)"

....

Misha's POV:

"Okay, so how am I supposed to draft the sketch for this?" I looked up at Usman as I handed him my sketchbook so he could guide me and give me tips. My GPA was drowning and I really needed an A in this course. Usman had aced this course so it was a good idea to ask him. Usman put down his Red bull as he looked over my sketchbook silently while I waited for him to make comments or something. It was kind of awkward with just the two of us sitting together, I usually sat together in a group but all of them had classes and I ditched class so I could complete this stupid project. That's what happens when your group mates are freeloaders.

"Okay so for starters, the instructor hates it when you don't add detailing like this. Add some labels and shade this area too." Usman started to explain and I nodded my head in understanding as I made mental notes of whatever he was saying.

But my mind kept drifting to the fact that it was just the two of us. Although, on a safer side, sitting in the courtyard was a good idea. The nosy people of my university tend to misunderstand if you sit in the university café together or something. Courtyard was the safest option I could think of plus I made sure to spread the books and notes on the bench so it looked like we were studying which we actually were. Lekin, jisne bakwas karni hoti hai aur rumours phelane hote hen, woh karleta hai khudi. (But then again, the ones who want to bullshit and spread rumors, do it anyway.)

Ugh, I don't care anymore. Rumors come and go. Who cares about what people think? I need that 'A' grade. Plus I know Usman's intentions are clear so it should be okay. We continued like that for an hour or so and then I was finally done. I decided to complete the sketch there and then because I had to complete another assignment that was due in two days.