Chapter 19

I opened my eyes a small yawn escaping my mouth as I stared into the darkness. I was laying down on the couch wrapped up in the blanket with my hot cocoa, now just cold cocoa, sitting next to me.

I must have fallen asleep on the couch.

I heard the door shut quietly as one of the boys dropped their keys and what sounded like a jacket to the ground. I looked up and watched as Sammy walked into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. I held my breath and curled into the blanket my hands shaking slightly.

That boy terrifies me.

I held my breath as Sammy walked into the living room and sat down on one of the reclining chairs next to where I was laying down. He turned the TV on and watched the news making my fingers twitch from nerves that Sammy hadn't noticed me yet.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He asked turning his head to look at me his eyes glinting from the TV.

"I woke up." I said not wanting to talk to him any longer than what was needed.

"Katie, are you scared of me?" He asked his eyes staying focused on the TV making me stare at the side of Sammy's head.

"Uh, yeah." I said making him chuckle.

"Good." He said a smirk on his face as I let out a small yawn again.

I curled up into the blankets closing my eyes as I started to drift back to sleep.

"And Katie," I opened my eyes staring at Sammy confused, "sleep well, sweetheart."

I rolled my eyes as he continued to sit the smirk still on his face as I closed my eyes.

"Night, Sammy." I whispered and heard him laugh.

"We are not friends, Katie." He said and I shrugged as I drifted off to sleep again.

It was worth a try.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes and listened to the sound of the phone ringing. I looked at the chair to see that Sammy was gone and something was burning in the kitchen.

"OH MY GOD I SET THE STOVE ON FIRE!" I heard Hayes scream making me jump up as Jack, Aaron, Shawn, Matt, Nash, and two other boys ran into the kitchen making me step back.

"HAYES YOU IDIOT!"

"WHAT? HOW?!?!"

"GET THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!" 

I watched holding in my laughter as the boys all ran around screaming at Hayes as they tried to put the fire out in the oven.

"I WAS JUST TRYING TO MY MUFFINS!" Hayes screamed and I watched as Shawn's face lit up.

"What kind of muffins?" He asked and the boys all started to scream at the same time yelling at Shawn making me laugh as they went back to arguing.

"HEY! EVERYBODY SHUT-UP, THE FIRE IS OUT AND DONE SO JUST GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING AND SHUT THE HELL UP!" My eyes widened as I stared at Cam who glared at all the boys angry with how they were acting.

"Damn." Nash whispered rubbing the back of his neck.

"Screw you, Nash." Cam said rolling his eyes as I slowly made my way towards the door the boys starting to scream at each other.

They are worse than a bunch of girls on their period.

I placed my hand on the door knob and slowly turned their yelling increasing in volume making me slip out of the house closing the door. I ran down the driveway my leg hurting me as I ran my breath increasing as I turned to the left. I stopped running putting my hands on my knees as I leaned over breathing heavily.