O N E

It was snowing , the snow beautifully started to cover the city leaving a glistening cold white coat . I sat there watching the snow fall thinking about my first day in college . I was thrilled yet nervous. I was new to the city , I left my friends and family behind in my town .

Everything was new to me , the city , the people , and living alone . I decided to live in an appartment near college instead of a dorm . It gave me my freedom and I like that.  It's been 1 month living here and college was starting in 5 days . Needless to say I was excited to start .

I spent the month mainly getting around in the city and finishing the appartment.  My family were going to cover my expenses only for the first semester and then I was on my own to be independent. So I had to find a part time in the second semester to support myself .

My head was spinning in spirals thinking about college and planning my year ,for some reason all this thinking made me really hungry.  I went to the cabinet to look for a snack , unfortunately finding non. I had to go grocery shopping.  I  sighed .

I went and picked couple things from a supermarket near by . Some snacks and food for this weekly's meals . I made sure to make this quick as I was wearing  hoodie and sweats looking like a hobo . I dropped the bags on the floor as I fiddled in my pockets for the keys .

My heart started racing.  I couldn't find my keys . I checked my back pocket and the hoodie.  I panicked as it hit me. I had locked myself  out of the appartment.  May you've been here only one month and managed to to lock yourself out of your appartment. I mumbled shaking my head at my idiocity.

I decided to contact the landlord and see what she can do for me or else I'll freeze . I touched and my pockets and starting to panic again . I had forgotten both inside!  I shook my head this cant be happening ...

I signed and fell down on the floor the wall holding my weight . My eyes started to brim with water . I held my head trying to think of a solution.  I didn't know anyone yet , and without my phone I couldn't even contact the only person I know - the landlord.

I opened a bag of chips and started munching on some trying to make the best of the situation.  At least I had food I thought to myself .

Suddenly I heard footsteps.  I panicked.  It didn't even cross my mind that it was  a neighbor or someone visiting . All I thought about was that's it I'm going to get molested  and die right here . The figure reached my floor , I was so going to die. Oh God.

The figure stopped for a second and went to the door opposite to mine . He was my neighbor!  Hallelujah! I had hope , I quickly stood up cleaned my face and clothes. He started  to open his door , I had to stop him after all he may help me out .

I gathered my confidence " um excuse me ?" I called the man . He turned around and looked at me up and down probably thinking I'm a psycho hobo.

He didn't reply but kept looking at me . I took the chance and spoke" Can you help me ?I forgot my keys and phone inside and locked myself out . Can you maybe lend me your phone to call the landlord ?please ? " I explained my situation without trying to ramble .

He took couple steps forward and reached for his pocket . I felt a sudden relief wash over me .  He handed me his phone . I thanked him and quickly called the landlord from his phone. He had already opened the number for me .

" Hello ? "
" ah no I'm not oliver  I'm May I live in the appartment opposite to his." I  walked around in a circle while talking to the landlord .

"I locked myself out of the appartment and uh ... I sort of need help . "

" what ? So you cant help me ? "

"2 days????" I pressed my hand to my forehead.  The man - Oliver -just sat there listening to our conversation. 

The landlord was visiting her family in her country and she will be back in 2 days . Until then me , May , will be living on the streets !

"Ok thank you ! Please try to be as fast as possible ! Bye "  I was distressed , help would come in 2 days and she couldn't do anything for me until then . I closed the call and gave him his phone back . " Thank you "I mumbled on the verge of crying my voice cracking a bit.

He started to pick the bags on the floor
"Come " he spoke one word . That's all . Enough for me to swoon over him in the midst of this situation I was in . He had a manly yet not so rough voice. His voice was just attractive.

He didn't even wait for me to reply . I was till processing  his voice and what he said  and not to mention he was drop dead gorgeous . What the hell am I thinking about right now I smacked my head .

I followed him like a lost puppy not uttering a world . Did he just offer me to sleep in his place ? Probably... Then I shook my head laughing at the idea . 

I entered his appartment , I was so out of my mind . One month in and I'm already stepping in a stranger's appartment .  Good job May ...