F O U R

" Why are you always smiling? " he flicked his eyes from the his plate, his hands holding the fork on the plate . He suddenly asked while having breakfast,  it was already my third day stay .

I looked at him confused " because " I mimicked his answer from before .

He wasn't satisfied with my answer of course . He just held his stare and raised an eyebrow .  Then gave up and started digging again .

" Because I can " I smiled as I got his attention back on me . "It's just one of those things that you do for free , it doesn't cost a thing to smile and make someone's day you know "  I explained .

"You have no reason to smile " he said but it came as a question . " I dont need a reason to smile , just because I smile doesn't mean I have it easy and life is perfect either. I just smile through the hardships "  I answered . " you should do it sometime you know " I suggested in a teasing playful manner .

Silence fell upon us as I started eating again . Oliver on the other hand held his fork and looked as if he was having debates in his head. He had a small frown and looked seriously quiet.

" I am studying law because I want to be able to protect myself  " his other hand was curled in a fist. I stopped chewing and waited for what he wanted to add . " My dad was framed for something he didn't do , he couldn't protect himself "  at this point him and I were having a staring contest.  I blinked "what happened ... to your dad ... if you don't mind me asking  ?" I cautiously spoke trying to get him to speak . I didn't want him to close up on me again.

" He was a scapegoat,  took a life sentence,  he later committed suicide in prison. " his eyes looked sad and gloomy , they held anger and so much sadness .  " He was innocent " he raised his face from his plate. 

I was shocked , I didn't know what to say . I stood up went around the island and hugged him . I just felt the need to console him he was frozen in place , pretty rigid . I expected that he would push me away or break the hug but he didn't.  He just moved his head so  his forehead was on my shoulders.

I can only imagine the pain he had when he received such news . I had so many questions but they weren't appropriate for now . I wanted to know more about him , his family,  his life.
Suddenly his phone rang making me jump a bit .  "I'll grab it for you "

I went and reached for it,  it was the landlord.  " it's the landlord , she is probably calling for me , I'll answer ok ? " I told him then he nodded .

" hello "

" I'm great thank you , Oliver took care of me "

" what ? "

"Oh no ... are you sure ? "

" ok hope you come back home safely,  bye "

Bad news , I sighed . " well ... her flight got delayed ... weather issues,  she won't be back for 2 more days ." my hand scratched my forehead,  I didn't what to do.  " listen I am aware I've been here for a while and I know I'm bothering you , I'll manage something ou-"

"You don't bother me " he cut me off .
"Are you positive? " I had a small frown on my face .  He nodded making me smile a bit . " Thank you so much I mean it , I'll make sure to pay you back"

I really hoped this situation would be fixed before college last thing I wanted was miss the first day . 

●●●●●●●●

We had finished cleaning and he was generous enough to give me new cloths . He gave me a sweat shirt and pants , I took a shower and cleaned up .
His cloths were large on me but I managed . I came out holding the towel drying me hair . Oliver was on the couch on his phone but as soon as I walked in his attention drifted to me . His eyes quickly scanned my body quickly then his eyes met mine . He coughed and walked away , I let out a small low giggle between myelf . He was totally checking me out .

I was left alone in the living room , when oliver wasn't here it gets pretty boring . We never did much but there was still company . Most of the time he was working god knows where . He came out of the room , he had changed into pants , shirt, and a leather jacket . He was attractive I give him that , maybe one of the most attractive people I've seen .

" you're leaving? Work ? " he nodded answering my question.  I wished he could stay with me so I don't get bored. I frowned a little "Can you maybe give me paper and a pencil ?or a book to read , anything ?" I asked shyly . He disappeared in his room and came back handing me a note with a pen .

" I dont read books "he handed me the note and the pencil.  " It's fine thank you , it gets pretty boring alone , drawing will keep me busy . Good luck "  I gave him a toothy smile . " you're welcome "he said closing the door behind him. I was shocked , stunned , and so happy all at the same time ,  he just gave me a small tiny petite smile. 
Oliver just smiled .