F I V E

Oliver went to his work, turns out he was a servant in a fancy restaurant , and he makes extra cash being an uber driver . I was so relieved after he told me , or else curiosity would have eaten me alive. 

Whenever he wasn't home I would either draw or cook . Oliver was getting around, he definitely got warmer towards me . He started replying me back with longer sentences and that made me happy . I on the other hand developed a crush . I totally fancied him .

Today was the forth day stay here , today was different.  Oliver was different,  he didn't even have breakfast which was odd , he never skipped a meal with me . He was so extremely quiet and it worried me .

I looked at the watch and sighed it was only 6 pm , he usually came back home around 8 pm . I looked at my almost filled sketch Oliver gave me, it consisted of ransome drawings . I drew  random objects around the house . It kept me busy , oliver doesn't even own a TV and so it was really boring at times .

Time passed it was 10pm , I curled on the couch wondering when will he come back . Suddenly I heard the keys , I perked up and went to the door . I opened the door revealing Oliver and I smiled , but it slid off my face almost instantly. 

He looked bad , his fists were injured badly,  so bad he it was bloody and it was just horrendous to see . "What happened "I whispered as I tried to reach for his hands . Instead he pulled away pushing me not so harshly aside and went to his room . I ran after him , I was do worried .

" leave " he breathed shakily.  He had a few drinks, I sensed. He didn't reek of alchohol and he had full control over himself , but I just didnt like what I was seeing .

" Don't push me away , please Oliver let me help you " I stepped closer to him as he sat down on the floor resting his back on the wall , his head lowered . He had a knee up that supported his hand . I quickly analyzed him , both his fists were injured  but his right looked absolutely horrendous . 

He didn't look like he was in a fight either , judging from his fists and Oliver most certainly doesn't look like a type that would fight. His hand looked like it hit something hard , like a rough wall    " get out " he growled quietly . I completely ignored him and ran to the bathroom to find any first aids. 

I quickly opened the drawers and found the box I needed and ran back to him . I didn't even ask for his permission to give me his hands , I just grabbed it and got the alcohol out with some cotton .  He winced at the contact and jerked his hands away .

" Please Oliver " he had a poker face , I took his hands and worked on it cautiously.  We stayed quiet , I was treating his right hand and he was looking away .  I finished cleaning the wounds and wrapped his hand .

I took his other hand and started to work on it too . " does it hurt ? "I asked him while fixing his hand . He raised his head slowly  and stared at me with tired eyes. My eyes didn't meet his , I just couldn't.  " you're the first person to ask me if it hurts " I stopped and my eyes met his . It carried so much sadness and pain that it pained me and made me sad.  He let out a humorless breathy laugh. 

He leaned forward and rested his forehead on my shoulders " it does " he muttered softly. He was so vulnerable right now . I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. My hands grabbed a bit of his hair on neck as I breathed in his scent . 

Then he did the unexpected,  his arms slowly snaked around my petite frame and hugged me closer to him . His fingers were in my hair and he held me close to him . He got calm and it calmed me too , I was anxious for him .

We hugged for a long time,  we both held each other close . We was vulnerable and fragile.  We slowly pulled back resting his forehead against mine.  We stayed quiet , his gaze was fixed on my lips.  I was nervous I couldn't even look him in the eyes .

" May , can I kiss you ? "