S I X

" Can I kiss you " Oliver was inches away . My heart was racing , I was nervous and anxious . I was so confused and million thoughts ran inside my head.

I closed my eyes , I knew I wanted to . I felt his breath fanning my lips, then his lips touched my forehead slowly , my stomach did a whole gymnastics routine . His hand held my face carefully as if I was fragile.  Hid hands were huge I felt so small next to him . I was melting in his hands . His lips lingered on my skin long enough to warm my whole body .

He pulled away , I looked at him for any emotions, or any expressions . He had tears in his eyes threatening to fall . He rested his forehead on my chest " I'm tired " he whispered.  I felt a tear fall on my hand .  " let's go sleep " I replied .

I quickly finished wrapping his other hand making sure they are secure . I sat on his bed while he nuzzled in inside the blanket.  " stay , please " he held my hand and so I did  I pulled the covered on me and got closer to him .

We both felt safe, just having him by my side made me feel happy too . I watched him sleep.  My heart was pounding,  I felt calm and safe but my heart wasn't cooperating. I gave up thinking about anything and dozed off next to him .

●●●●●●

The sunlight sneaked through the window waking me up.  I smiled yawning and stretching, Oliver had his hand on my waist . He was facing me he looked so peaceful and sketch worthy .  I slowly freed my self from his grib and tiptoed outside .

I quickly  grabbed my sketch  and sat next to him and started drawing his face . His features were so different and beautiful. After few minutes I had a rough but accurate sketch of him. I smiled as I left the room with my sketch in hand .

I started to prepare breakfast for both of us . I had a lot of questions spinning around in my head . I wanted to know what happened yesterday.  I was already getting nervous,  how to act around him and all . The kiss from yesterday made me weak and all bubbly.

I touched my forehead where he had his lips lingered,remembering yesterday's kiss . I blushed,  my heart was going to burst . I knew I liked him , I was sure . The door to his room swung open . " good morning " Oliver said with a small smile . It was a great morning alright,  someone looked to be in a good mood. 

I smiled "Morning to you too "  I took my seat and so did he . We both started eating quietly.  " How's your fist now?" I pointed at his wrapped hand. " Good " he replied after swallowing his food . "What happened yesterday? You don't plan on leaving curiosity eat me alive are you ?" I frowned and pouted . He chuckled .  Oliver chuckled I heard his laugh , it was music to my ears and I plan to make sure I hear it more often .

" After we finish breakfast " he answered not looking at me focusing on his bacon and eggs . He looked different today , there was something different about him , his eyes weren't so sad anymore . Sure he stayed quiet and calm but it was still different.

●●●●●●●

We finished breakfast and we cleaned after us. We were sitting on the couch now , and I was cleaning his wound . I was concentrating hoping I'm doing it right and not hurting him . "I'm fine " he suddenly spoke . I looked up at him confused. " I'm fine, stop frowning" he repeated , the look on his face was honest but I didn't believe him . It was just a facade.

"What happened ?"  Holding his hand cleaning it, I interrogated him. " I punched the wall "

" excuse me ?... why ?? "I gave him an 'are-you-being-serious' look . "I was angry " he avoided looking at me . " my mother left us that day " my expressions immediately softened.  "What happened ? "I was unconsciously rubbing my thumb on his hand  comforting him .

" She decided we weren't good enough and in the same day she was with another man "

" I'm sorry Oliver " I wanted to squeeze him in a hug . " What happened after your dad you know ...? " I asked .
" I was sent to an orphanage " he swallowed , it was a heavy topic . I held his hand between mine . 

" And was it better for you? " I scooted over to him his hand still in mine . He took time to reply " I was bullied , molested and was about to get raped " he stopped taking a breath in . I felt my stomach getting sick . He continued " I went to the police and soon after went to another orphanage " I held his hand tighter in mine, while making sure I dont hurt him .

" They were nice , but I never got along other kids . I was never adopted, no one wanted a quiet , sad child . They hated me " he continued .  " I dont hate you Oliver " I realized I was crying .

I wiped my tears with the sleeves of the hoodie . "I'm sorry I got emotional I - "
Oliver pulled me in a hug "Don't apologize " 

"Continue,  please " I asked him to continue  . And so he did  " I became 18 a legal adult and I left the orphanage.  I decided to study law to be the voice of the voiceless . To protect myself . For my dad " I finished , he had teary eyes himself. 

I reached for him and hugged him , he was frozen at first then hugged me back . We hugged tightly, " you are extremely  strong Oliver,  I can never imagine being in your shoes and still stand like you " I buried my head in his neck , comforting him and me .

Oliver had just showed me his emotional side . And if anything I found it so attractive , he showed me emotions and how strong he was .