T H I R T E E N

" What are you cooking ? " Oli snaked his arms around me and kissed my shoulders making me shiver. I bent my neck backwards to see his face . He held my face in place and kissed me on the lips . His eyes were smiling making me smile too .

I let down the spoon and turned around to face him . I tiptoed and hugged him wrapping my arms around his neck. "you're favorite grilled chicken with mashed potatoes " I replied as he pulled me to him closer by my lower back. "wait " I turned around briefly and took a bit of the mashed potatoes on the tip of the spoon and gave it to him to taste it .

" Is the salt fine ? " I bent my head to the side waiting for his reply . " perfect" he kissed my cheeks and placed the spoon in the sink . " give me 5 minutes , I'll plate everything now . You can have a seat " I pointed at the couch . I didn't really have a table in my kitchen it was just a small open kitchen and I used the table outside in the living room .

He shook his head " let me help. " I smiled as I nodded. I was plating and he was cleaning up after me , he washed whatever was there in the sink and cleaned the tables for me . We were both done and took a seat .

Nothing changed after we started dating , we still had our meals together , went to the university together and it was great . We learned more about each other and I absolutely loved getting to know him inside out .

He worked in the restaurant as usual but regardless he still found found time for us and study. He was a lot more open and tried to express himself more in words . He was a man of action, he doesn't speak much , he always does much regardless.

After the accident in the party , he got extremely over protective of me . I didn't go to any other parties after the accident, it was just a bad memory. I was just extremely grateful to have him my my side when I needed him , even tho we hadn't known each other for long. With his help I was able to get over it and go back to normal.

" why are you smiling ?" We had finished eating and I was resting my head on his chest . I looked at him "I'm always smiling Oli " I chuckled.

" Indeed , but this is different " He said while fixing himself to lock eyes with me .

" I'm just so grateful for having you by my side " I pulled him down to my level and kissed him . I was about to break the kiss when he pushed me on the couch so I was lying down. He was on top of me our lips never disconnecting. His hands found it's way under my shirt , his touch making me tingle. It was hot wherever he touched.

He pulled away before we both got too carried away. " I'm more grateful" he fixed himself up and helped me too . He engulfed me in an embrace, we both rested our backs and had our legs in front of us rested on the L-couch .

" you're fists are all better now ha? " I commented examining them . He nodded nuzzling his head against my shoulders . My fingers traced his fingers in a soft touch before sliding together and intertwine. It got quiet again and I was just savoring this moment while having his hands in mine .

" May, why didn't you take arts as your major ? " he suddenly asked . He saw my sketches, my drawings , and art pieces I did before. No wonder it caught his interest .

I stood up while answering him " I just think of arts as a hobby " I placed the plates in the sink . He nodded " You never draw in colors" he suddenly stated that fact making me freeze a bit in place . He took attention to such small details about me.

" true , I never really tried using them " I scratched my head . "Why are you suddenly sad ?" He perked up from his place .

I went back to the room and slid under the covers Oliver followed me and did the same while scooping himself closer to me. " what do you mean , I'm smiling and all " I laughed .

" You're sad smiling May " He really did read me well . I was an open book apparantly . On the other hand he was so straight forward yet so hard to read. I never knew such weird combination existed until I met him .

" Oli ? " I called while looking at our intertwined hands. "Hm ?" He replied bit of concern lacing it. " I need to tell you something " He frowned but didn't say anything .

"It's something about me , I've been kind of insecure about it ... I don't really let others know afraid that they might treat me differently . But you deserve to know. Don't get me wrong it's not a secret or anything ... just a fact about me I guess " I bit my lips , he was probably confused but his face didn't give away anything.

" Oli I'm fully color blind. I have achromatopsia"

AUTHORS NOTE :
Thank you for reading so far ♡
I've found that even years later some people were a bit confused about the "twist here " so let me clear up the misunderstanding about who is actually color blind :)

It was just a metaphor , colorblind was used as a metaphor for sadness and gloominess to describe oli. He basically didn't see the positive side ( colors ) of the world. Meanwhile rainbow was used for Audrey as she was a bright positive and just a (colorful ) happy person.
The person who was ACTUALLY color blind all along was Audrey ( if you notice she never mentioned colors or makeup nor anything related )

Hope this clears things up :) thank you for reading my story ♡