T H R E E

The sunlight tiptoed it's way in the room waking me up. It was a comfortable sleep and I didn't want it to end . I stretched and fixed where I had slept , folding the blankets and closing the couch back into its original form . Then went to the bathroom trying not to make any noise and disturb his sleep .

I realized I was the only one awake and Oliver was probably still sleeping . So I decided to fix some breakfast for both of us as a pay back for his hospitality.

I wasn't sure if he would like me to be going through his kitchen without his permission. So I decided to just use what I had bought yesterday for myself from the grocery store. Some toast and sliced cheese and ham . I washed some cherry tomatoes and placed them in the pack they came in after cleaning it too .

While I was finishing the sandwich the door to his room opened revealing him . He had a messy , but cute bed hair. He looked just adorable and handsome in his own way .

" Good timing I prepared breakfast, we need some plates tho I didn't want to go through your kitchen " I scratched my head giving him a goofy grin. His lips slightly curved holding back a smile . He went and grabbed two plates and I placed sandwiches on both plates and Placed some cherry tomatoes on the side .

"Coffe or tea ?" He offered behind me .
" tea please " I was a tea girl I hated coffee for some reason. He finished preparing two cups of tea and set one in front of him and one in front of me .
We then both took a seat a round the island.

" Can I use the kitchen to cook dinner ?"I hoped he would say yes . He nodded munching on his sandwich . "What would you like to have for dinner ? "
" anything " he replied while popping a cherry in his mouth .

"What do you have for dinner usually?" I bit into my sandwich my eyes not leaving him . I was still figuring him out analyzing him carefully.

" microwave meals or instant noodles " he replied then placed the last bite in his mouth . " you can't live on those , you dont cook ?"

" I don't have time " he answered then took his plate to the sink cleaning after himself . I didn't know what to ask or say anymore . Awkwardness filled the atmosphere . So I decided to break it , again . " tell me a bit about your self "
He looked at me "like ?"

" what's your full name ? "
"Oliver Maxwell Black "

" how old are you? "
" 20 "

" why law ? "
"Because "

Then he left the kitchen leaving my question unanswered, leaving me alone in the kitchen . He disappeared in his room again I sat there wondering if I did something wrong . I cleaned after breakfast and opened the fridge to place yesterday's groceries in it. I had to figure what I'll do for breakfast.

The fridge was almost empty , few water bottles and a microwave meal . no veggies or fruits . The freezer wasn't any good either ; a pack of frozen chicken breasts and that's all.

I began to look through his cabinets , few ramen noodles and cereal was all I found . I opened the last cabinet it had sugar tea and coffee . I closed it and sighed . Luckily the groceries I had bought yesterday were enough to fill his fridge a bit .

Oliver walked out of the room , he had changed his cloths , he looked like he was leaving the house . " where are you going? " I crossed my hands and walked to him . I wasn't crossed at him , I just had so many questions to ask.

" Work " he replied while tying his Vans. I nodded " When will you be back so I can prepare dinner ?" A shrug was all I got from him .

" You aren't helping here " his eyes flicked to mine then he stood up . He was a good 20 cm taller than me , anyone would be intimidated by him if he was in my place . I wasn't , I just felt calm instead around him .

He opened the door " Don't wait for me"
Then he closed the door behind him and left. I sighed , he was tough to work with alright . Curiosity was eating me alive and I was determined to help him and understand him better regardless.

••••••••••

I had prepared some pasta and chicken with what I had . It was great luckily and I was proud . It was already 8 pm , he wasn't back yet . I took my time cooking and trying not to die of boredom. I arranged the food in the fridge and planned tomorrow's meal as well.

I sat around the island and rested my head on my arms , the food prepared on the oven ready to be heated anytime . I was going to wait for him .

I must have dozed off a bit it was 10 pm already , I heard the key opening the door revealing Oliver .
" Oh you're back " I chirped smiling and stretched my back .  Oliver looked over at me and his features softened a bit .
"I told you don't wait for me " his face didn't give away any emotions but his voice did . It was softer.  

" well I did so let's eat as I am absolutely famished !" I ran towards the food and started heating it again , I took out two plates and started plating for both of us .

We both started digging in he was as hungry as I was . Before digging in I heard him murmur something, I could swear he said thank you.