I hate you

"You don't have to do this" Bone said, trying to convince me not to surrender to my mother.

"I can't escape her. And I can't go back to Ash either. I'm so lost"

I stopped talking, and tried to think about the situation.

"My brother ! How could I forget him ?! He has to be a powerful member, since he's her son as well. He'll protect me ! I just need to see my brother, and talk to him" I finally realised.

William didn't betrayed me, and being a overprotective brother was going to be handy. Bone nodded, and opened the door.

"I can't keep you locked in there, and I can't force you to change your mind. I just hope you'll give Ash a chance"

I thanked him and walked away. I had forgotten about the atmosphere in the street. But this time I was alone.
I sped up and almost ran to get away as fast as I could from this area.
I had been walking in New York City Streets for almost two hours when I spotted one of my mother's lackey.
He was hard to miss.
The tall muscular guy was even more impressive than all the mobsters I had seen these past few days.
Well, expect Ash.
He moved toward me and I went straight to him.

"Boss wants to see you" he coldly said as he roughly grasped my right arm.

"No kidding" I simply answered.

I followed him without any opposition to a black car with tinted windows. The guy pushed me inside the car, where another person was waiting for me, gun pointed toward my head.
I sat silently.

"You move I shoot. Your hands. Now"

The second man handcuffed me. A terrible realization sprang to mind, as I understood being the son of their leader meant nothing to them. I thought that at least William would protect me.
A wave of fear invaded every cell of my shaking body.
The situation got worse from the moment they put a opaque bag on my head. Anxiety joined fear at the party inside my head as I discovered the sensations of being driven blindfolded.
They certainly didn't realize that this situation was already torture to me.
After I almost died 8 times of heart attacks, we finally stopped moving.
One of the men roughly got me out of the car.
Since I couldn't see anything, he guided me (without an sympathy).

"Tell Boss he's here"

A door opened, and I heard screams of pain echoing in what I supposed was a corridor. I was now terrified. After some stairs, and some doors, they removed the bag.
Before I could see clearly, I heard someone closing a door behind me and soon realised I was in a cell.
That was very unexepected.
The room was tiny, with a thin mattress on the floor.
Some footsteps echoed from behind the door, and soon, it was opened again.

"My son" my mother said icily.

A shiver crossed my body as I realised that not only I was now in real danger, but in addition, my mother hated me.
I stayed silent, moving backwards until I hit the wall.

"You're not happy to see your mother ?" She sarcastically asked.

Two men were there as well, watching the scene for outside the cell.

"Now you know who I really am. Now you finally know the truth about our family !" She exclaimed. 

She was furious, but I couldn't really understand why.
She noticed it.

"You don't why I hate you. You're weak and stupid ! Nothing like your brother" she screamed.

When she mentioned my brother, a rush of hope spread in me. But it faded as soon as it arrived, when I realized I was in a cell, facing my mother, a powerful mafia leader, who hated me.

"What you probably don't realize is that you stole my husband !" She yelled, her eyes and features full of pain.

"What ?! What is she accusing me of ?!" I thought, but didn't anything.

"Yeah you're surprised. But your father was like me before I gave birth to you ! We were leading this mafia together, it was perfect. Our first son was brave, smart and fearless, but it appeared that the second one was sensible, weak, and fearful. When he understood you couldn't live in our world, he tried to manipulate me into giving you a normal childhood"

I started to understand where she was going and why she accused me of stealing my father to her.

"I refused of course, because I don't want anything to do with weakness, but your father loved you. So he left me !! He went to New York, and started a normal life with you, ordering me to stay away. I loved him, so I stayed away. But it broke something in me. And it's your fault !"

She moved toward me, grabbed my arm with strenght (too much strenght), and approached her face from mine.
I could see the hatred in her gaze and was petrified.

"You've always a disappointment to me, but when I learnt you were fucking with the enemy, I knew you needed a lesson ! You're a weak faggot who fucked with the enemy !!"

So Ash was right. I suddenly regretted leaving him. A lot. She was so close, but kept screaming at me. I closed my eyes.
Fear, anxiety, sadness and anger were filling my veins.
I opened my eyes when she walked away.

"Room 12, now" she ordered to the two men waiting outside.

They quickly led me to the room 12. I thought I might pass out when I understood in was a questioning room, with a single chair in the middle of a dark room, and some weird machines and tools on the sides.
They pushed on a chair, strongly tied me to it and soon, my brother and mother entered the room.

"Time for interrogation" she said, her voice filled with cruelty.