Drive!

"Let's go" ordered Karl.

He quickly got out of the room, and I tried to follow, helping my brother to walk. He was way heavier than me, and I was shaking like never before from all the emotions I just lived. My thoughts were spinning in my head and I fell on the floor.

"Urgh !" my brother screamed.

"Come on focus !" Karl exclaimed.

"So... Sorry" I mumbled as an answer.

He helped me standing up my brother, and supported him through the different corridors. I noticed how focus he was on all the noises and movements around us. Gunshots were echoing everywhere in the building, and that worried me to no point.

We arrived at the garage without problems, and Karl called what I supposed was the medical team. He walked back toward us and gave me the keys of the car we arrived with. I must have frankly expressed my stupefaction because Karl spoke right after.

"I can't come with you, they'll need all the help they can get here"

"No way! Please, I can't drive! And I don't even know where to go!" I almost screamed in distress.

"I sent the address to the GPS in the car, all you need to do is turn on the engine, and drive"

"But if I take the car, you'll never be able to escape if things go wrong !" I protested.

"If things go wrong, we'll all die"

With that, he ran away to where the gunshots seemed to come from. I stood still for a few seconds, in shock. I wasn't ready to drive again, especially in that situation. I was worried sick about Ash but at the same time, the life of my brother was at stake. I was shaking even more than before, which I thought was impossible.

"I...believe...in...you" William weakly said, leaning back against a wall, his hand still on his injury.

That made me coming back to my senses. I turned to look at my brother and helped him walk to the car. Once there, I installed him carefully and climbed in the vehicle myself. I found myself in front of the steering wheel, and anxiety suddenly made me freeze. Flashbacks of the night I thought I killed my now dead ex-boyfriend rushed back in my mind, alongside flashbacks of the torture I endured, and the moment I discovered Arthur was still alive but had nothing but hatred in his eyes.

"Adam, you... need to... collect yourself" My brother said.

I realized he stared at me the whole time. Tears were blurring my vision. I blinked, took a deep breath, and turned on the engine. At that moment, three men in suit barged in the garage, and in the following seconds, some of the windows shattered in thousands of pieces. I screamed and hid behind the dashboard.

"Engage the reverse gear !" William exclaimed.

My survival instincts took control of me and I obeyed. I went back as fast as I could as the gangsters facing us kept shooting. I jumped when my own brother shot back while activating the opening of our exit with an on/off switch.

"Drive !" He ordered.

I was almost out when a bullet landed on William's torso. I accelerated, made a U-turn, in the forest, and drove away as best possible between the trees. The roots made it impossible to be steady, and my brother was yelled in pain from the turbulences. Cold sweat was covering my entire body as my anxiety fought with my instincts. I was scared out of shit when I bushed past a tree, breaking one of the wing mirrors.

But soon enough, I was back on the road and followed the path indicated by the car. The rain started to pour, directly falling on us with the windshield shattered. Incapable of driving correctly, I almost collide with a truck and decided to stop the car on the side of the road. I looked at my brother and realized he had been silent for the last minutes.

"William ?" I asked hesitantly.

Silence.

"William !" I exclaimed, shaking my brother.

"Urgh! Stop !" He whispered, clearly in pain.

I kept my eyes on him and remembered our brother's relationship.

"I'm... dying, and ... I won't survive ..." He started.

I wanted to talk, but he put a finger on my lips, telling me not to interrupt him.

"I just wanted you... to know... the thing I regret the most is torturing you" He said, running out of air.

I suddenly felt my brother's bond fading right away. I knew at that moment he was dead.

"William? William !?" I screamed, bursting into tears while shaking the lifeless body of my brother.

I knew he was dead, but denied it. I turned on the engine again and drove as fast as I could to our destination.

I arrived there forthy minutes later, still crying and jumped out of the car. I recognized Travis, waiting at the door, and ran to him.

Once next to him, and before I could do anything, he pointed a gun on my forehead.

"You really think I trust you?"

Guys I'm soooooooooo late ! I so so sorry for not updating for soooo long ! Bur here I am with a new chapter ! Please accept my apologizes, I've been busy, and disorganized, like always !
Hope you enjoyed this chapter 😋

Love from otters !