𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙩

𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙩. She had finally determined that it was all over. Everything.
She clenched her cold hands against the concrete, feeling the hard stone scrape her already bruised hands.

Her ankle remained in its broken state, but now it twisted under her, the bone breaking through the skin. Blood seeped out, crawling along the ground and soaking into her clothes. The walls of the buildings around her shaded off any sunlight. It was like a blanket of shadow, trying to hide all her mistakes.

She tried to reach out her hand, trying to grab the cell phone on the ground. Its screen had been cracked, yet nothing bad enough to cause it to seize working.
She struggled to even move her shoulder, her fingers weren't long enough to grasp the device.

She laid her head back down, getting ready to succumb to defeat.
Tears weld up in her eyes when she looked at her marked-up bloody hand.
The little drawings done in ballpoint pen on her fingers were now fading. The ink smeared across her skin and mixed with the dried blood that had stopped dripping down her knuckles.

Her ring, god, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜. It was still clinging around her finger, not daring to fall off. The metal of the band had been scraped badly, especially from wear. The small gemstone that was bore onto it threatened to leave its home. The shimmer of it had faded out and so the dull jewel now had visible scratches on it.

She couldn't even feel most of her body anymore. She could just feel the hot tears roll down her face and land beside her, puddling up.
She honestly wished it didn't have to be like this. She wished she had done things different.
There wasn't a way to change this. She would lie here, looking at her buzzing phone, letting the blood seep into the fabric of her skirt, and wait for her breath to stop.

He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve anything she had done.
She knew it was a ridiculous concept, to begin with, but still, she let her emotions get the best of her.
It all came full circle back to her. There wasn't a way to escape the inevitable.
She just wished she could tell him, in full honesty, in full truth. No malice, no trick, no fakery, no lying through her teeth.

She wished she could tell him now in full sincerity....