𝟴 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝗶𝗻

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi hadn't known what to feel. It was strange to be wanted in such a way.
"Itsu-Chan! I present you with a gift!"
Oikawa bowed his head as he held up a folded white and turquoise jacket in his arms.
Riki looked between her friend and the boy, wondering just what Naomi had gotten herself into.

Naomi took the jacket carefully, unable to contain her grin as she looked at the outerwear.
"Why is she getting a jacket?" Riko asked.
"Itsu-Chan became our manager! Isn't that great!"
Riko mouth Naomi's new nickname, wondering where the hell it came from.
"Naomi I'm glad you've been keeping me updated on your life," Riko sneered, "I like being included in things."
"I'm sorry," Naomi shrugged, "I've been a little busy."

"Tell me about it!" Oikawa groaned, placing his arm on Naomi's shoulder as he began to talk with his panache hand expressions.
"We've got the Interhigh prelims in two days and coach is stressing us all about it!"
"I'm sure you'll win this year," Riko told him, "I'm sure of it."
"That's so sweet, Riko-San! Naomi here as been a real help in getting us set up!"
Naomi felt her face flush every time his body got closer. Riko noticed.

"That big dumb Ushiwaka won't get the best of me this time around!"
Oikawa put his head on his arm, the one resting on top Naomi. She had trouble hiding her embarrassment.
"Iwa-Chan has been up my ass about practices though. I'm not allowed to stay after hours today. He's like my mom."
"You shouldn't strain yourself, Oikawa-Kun," Riko noted.
"I know, I know. Itsu-Chan already tells me that."

Naomi kept Iwaizumi's request in her mind as she lowered Oikawa's arm off herself.
"Shouldn't Iwaizumi-San be here by now?" Naomi asked, her hands leaving Tōru.
"Oh! He's getting granola along with his little drink, and the granola is a little further from our class."
"Why's he getting granola?"
"I don't know."

Iwaizumi strolled into the room, looking rather tired.
"I fought a first year for it. It was the last one with chocolate in it."
Iwaizumi held out a granola bar to Naomi and she looked at it reluctantly.
"You fought a first year?"
"I only stared him down, no bloodshed here."
She took the granola and bowed, thanking him.

"Oh, you got the jacket. Does it fit, do you like it?"
Oikawa smiled at his friend as he hopped upon Riko's desk.
"They're really cute together," Oikawa whispered to Riko, "Don't you think?"
"Yeah, Yeah, their perfect."
Iwaizumi helped Naomi into the jacket, it being much-much smaller than the normal ones the players wear.

"It looks great on you," Iwaizumi mumbled.
"Itsu-Chan you look so cute!" Oikawa chuckled from the desk.
Naomi about passed out. Never in her life had Oikawa called her cute. Now after dating Iwaizumi, he was? How did that make sense? She knew her equation wasn't off.

Iwaizumi had stepped to the side to block Naomi from Oikawa's vision. He started to fiddle with the zipper, seeing if it was working properly.
Naomi watched Iwaizumi's scrunched up face and his cheek that moved inward as if he were biting his gums.
"Why are you jealous?" Naomi whispered. His eyes darted to hers, feeling his fingers beginning to pick at the zipper on her jacket.
"Dumbass can't have boundaries for once in his life," Iwaizumi softly whispered back. He had always been used to Oikawa being the frontman. He had been used to Oikawa getting all the attention.
Naomi was his, and he didn't want Oikawa to take her away, just as he usually does.

Naomi gripped his wrists and forced his hands to stop fidgeting.
"There's nothing to be jealous of. Don't take his words so seriously."
"It's hard not to."
"I know."
"I think you look cute. Those are the only words I want you to react that way too. Only if they come from me."

════════════════

The practice of the day had concluded and Naomi decided to help Iwaizumi with his side of the net.
He untied the top and she untied the bottom, then they lowered it, letting Kindaichi and Kunimi bring down the other side.

The couple folded the net and begun to take it into the closet, settling it in a safe place.
They could hear the harsh raindrops outside as they sharply hit the thin layer of the gym roof.
"I hope it's not too bad out there," Naomi commented, "I hate walking in the rain."
Naomi pushes the net into the shelf but before she could turn around, a hand weaved its way onto her waist.

"Would you like to walk with me? Under my umbrella?"
Naomi's hands gripped the wood of the shelf as she heard Iwaizumi lowered voice in her ear.
"I've got my own."
"Oikawa put his arm around you three times during practice today. And every time you reacted with the same pink face."
His hand gripped tighter around the curve of her waist.

Has he figured me out?
Did he catch on that quickly?
What the hell is he exactly getting at?!

"Itsuwaru, why don't you react to me that way?"
Naomi tilted her face down, heat rising to it in the darkness of the room.
"Would you prefer I call you Itsu-Chan? Would that make you notice me more?"
Naomi felt her body melt as the other hand took hold of the other curve of her body. His head came close to her neck.
"Itsu, How come he gets more reactions than me? Is he just that much better at flirting? What can I do to make you blush at every word I say?"

Naomi understood now.
She bent her wrists back, putting her palms on top of his tense hands. "Iwaizumi, you already are making me blush."
She turned her neck to look at his face in the darkness. It was illuminated softly only by the light pouring in from the gym.
"You make me weak every time I look at you," she murmured.
Iwaizumi dipped his face into her neck, kissing her skin softly. She froze for a moment, stiffening.

"Prove it."