𝟮𝟰 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi didn't know what to do anymore. Ending up with Oikawa was her entire plan and he had caught her.
However, Naomi, even when given the chance to kiss Oikawa for a single moment, to prove a point or not, declined it.

She had wondered why Oikawa was trying so hard. She wondered why he admitted so many things to her out of nowhere, especially with Riko at his hip.
She felt embarrassed, knowing that Oikawa had suspected her and been correct.
For the most part.

On the bus ride back home, Iwaizumi and Naomi sat in the back, his face covered in bandages where Oikawa had clawed at him to get away.
His grip was tight on Naomi's arm and was beginning to hurt.
"Hajime," she whispered, making him realize how tense he was.
"Sorry."
"Please, talk to me."
They kept their voices low, not wanting to gain more attention than they already had.

"He—please tell me you're okay."
"I am. I am."
"You shouldn't have had to see that."
She placed her hand on his leg.
"It's okay, Iwaizumi. You got angry and it was justified."
She watched him fight back tears.
"Naomi—is it...is it hard for him to believe that someone could love me?"
She sucked in a breath, covering her mouth as she denied it.
"Iwaizumi, don't think about what he said. It's not good."
"I knew I shouldn't have let him near you. It was all my fault. He—god, Naomi—I'm a horrible boyfriend."

She shook her head, sitting up straighter and hugging his arm.
"No, no, Hajime. Don't do that to yourself."
"He doesn't care that much? He sees himself so highly that he believes he can just take you away from me?"
He covered his eyes, hiding from her.
"Naomi, please—please tell me that you won't leave."
Her conversation with Riko from the night came back to her. She was right, about her plan. Naomi had always planned to run away, ignore her parent's wishes and forget about the heartbreak that was Highschool.
She didn't know if she could give her dream up.
Iwaizumi initially wasn't meant to last, but now, seeing him like this, she could only think of one answer to reply with.

"Of course I won't leave you, Iwaizumi."

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi stared down at the bills sitting on the counter.
Iwaizumi was finishing up dinner for the both of them while her mind was racing.
They were the same papers she saw last time she was here in his home, with the same large red letters.
There was more, all stacked on top of each other.

He placed two plates in front of them, making her regain her attention to him.
"Naomi, I'm so sorry," he sighed, his arms placed on either side.
"I already said you don't have to apologize."
"I warned you. I warned him. I don't understand how it still happened."
She slowly ate, her eyes now focused on him and his fists which were bruised and covered in bandages.
His jaw had a blue bandaid from where Oikawa had tried to claw away. She hated the sound of his cries.

"Why did he make up such a lie?" He pondered, making Naomi's stomach churn.
"What do you mean?"
"He lied about you, to my face. Why would he do that?"
"I...I don't know."
His eyebrows furrowed as he slowly looked over.
"You were...you...Naomi, you were telling me the truth, right?"
Her face flushed, stinging with the weight and venom of every word she had ever spoken to him.

Naomi completely regretted existing.
She regretted going to the courtyard that day and letting Iwaizumi speak to her.
Why had she not denied him then? Why had she let it go this far?
Why was she unable to come clean?

Lifting her hand, her cold skin touched his cheek, running her pointer down his face. He watched, stiff at her touch.
"Hajime," she beguiled, "I thought you trusted me."
She felt him release a breath, his body lurching forward.
"I do!"
He reached for her hands, "of course I do! I'm sorry."
Naomi licked her lips, wondering why she had brought herself to this.

Iwaizumi kissed Naomi, interlocking their hands which fit together.
She kept her eyes open.

┅ ┅ ┅

She doodled Iwaizumi's face on her fingers while the boys packed up their stuff. Iwaizumi and the other third years were struggling with the net.
She blew on the ink, holding her hand out to observe her artwork which was a clear mockery of what Oikawa had done.

Distracted, she gasped when someone sat themselves beside her.
"Speak," Oikawa hissed, looking at her with his dark brown eyes, squinting with a hatred unknown.
"Of what? Get away from me."
She tried to scoot away, but he grasped her arm.
"Naomi."
"You flirted with me," she grumbled, prying his fingers from her. "And everyone noticed it. Including me."
He huffed, nose twitching as he grabbed at her skirt, keeping her seated.
"I don't care what you say, I don't care whether you didn't kiss back out of surprise, but I know the truth."

Oikawa leaned forward, revealing an anger Naomi had never seen in him.
His voice had lost its silky tone. His skin had lost its soft complexion. His grasp was firm and grave.
"You disgust me," Oikawa spit, "you completely disgust me, Naomi."
With a bubbling of fear in her chest, she shoved at his face, pushing him to the ground.
"I don't get it," he said, rubbing his back as she stood up and smoothed her skirt, "I don't get why you're still going through with all this."
Naomi picked up her stuff, watching him from the corners of her eye as he looked at the new bruise on his arm.
"But I won't let you do this to him."

She noticed the other third years coming out of the closet, telling her they had finished packing up.
"Oikawa-San," she said, clicking her bag shut, "who would believe you?"
His eyes widened as she walked over to Iwaizumi, putting her arms around him and walking out with a smile.
They shared an exiting glance, now holding hate.

Looking at the pen on the bench that she had left behind, Oikawa picked it up, snapping the cap back on.
"Riko will."