𝟭𝟰 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi wasn't much of a skirt girl unless it was school. Riko had picked this particular skirt out because it was Oikawa's favorite color. It was kinda pointless, now that she wasn't even going out with him, but nonetheless, she wore it.
Naomi had no clue what Iwaizumi liked on girls.
She felt stupid for worrying about if Iwaizumi thought she was pretty.

Naomi's hair was hard to handle and she didn't want to look in the mirror forever. If she debated over how she looked for this date she cared nothing about, she wouldn't go.
But she had to, so she did.

She joined Iwaizumi at the koi pond near the library and he smiled at the sight of her.
"You look beautiful," he complimented.
"Thanks."
They sat at the edge together, they're bodies facing towards the water.
"This is very calm. I kinda like it," he softly told her, "I need something relaxing like this."
"How is Oikawa?"

He sighed and nodded his head slightly.
"He's doing fine. Gets over things quickly. I just know he'll work hard to get there next time."
"So will you, right? It's your dream."
"Nationals isn't exactly my dream, but it's a step there. Let's focus on this though, I'd rather have my attention on you."

He held onto her hand as they watched the fish below them. Some would come over to them to see if they were offering anything but would lose interest very quickly. Most flocked to the other people there who actually had things to offer.
Naomi felt weird being in such a serene place with him.

"Do you know the story of that building over there?"
He pointed to the tall red building across the road. It had a pointed peak and vines that dropped down from its rusty railings.
"Is there a story? I thought it's always been that way."
"It used to be a big venue we're weddings take place. It was the best place to get married. They say that if you got married there, you'd have a perfect marriage. After some teenagers set fire to it, it never got restored fully."
"That's sad," Naomi replied, uninterested.
"They also say that the ghosts of the dead couples that got married there haunt the place."
He leaned in close to her face with a smug expression.
"Do you think that's true?"
She scoffed and pushed him away by his chest.

"That's stupid. It's just an old venue."
"I don't know, Itsu. I believe in the supernatural."
"You're just trying to spook me."
"Am I?"
"Yes."
"We could always check it out. Just to make sure you're correct." What she would give to wipe that smug smile off his face.
"No way."
"If you're correct, there's nothing to be afraid of."
Naomi looked over at the building and back at her boyfriend's sly grin.

"If you're so hell-bent then fine."
He stood up and held his hand out for her, which she took, his firm grip in hers.
The two walked to the building and entered into the unkempt yard.
The grass was long and the walkway was cracked.
"This is creepy, Iwaizumi," she mumbled, moving her other hand to hold onto his arm. He had rather large arms which made her feel a little bit more secure.

"It's not that bad," he chuckled, pushing open a muddy and cracked door.
"Iwaizumi," She wined after seeing the darkness inside.
"It's okay, Itsu."
"Iwaizumi!"
He pulled her inside and they looked around at the empty and dark building. There was a main stage and a large staircase beside it. It lead up to a second floor with railings covered in vines and moss.

"They really emptied this place out, huh? It used to have a bunch of stuff."
"You've been in here before?" She asked, keeping her body still close to his.
"Of course I have. In middle school, this was the best hang out. We used to play volleyball in here. Broke an old ceiling light."
"You're joking."
"Nope. Oikawa brought a bunch of stuff in here, but I guess they cleared it."
"Why'd you bring me here then? The ghost stuff was all a joke wasn't it?"
"Not exactly. It is a theory about this place, but I don't believe in stuff like that."

She pushed him away and crossed her arms.
"Why'd you bring me here? This is creepy, Iwaizumi."
"I want to show you the upstairs."
"Why?"
"Don't you trust me, Itsu? I wouldn't bring you to someplace dangerous."
She huffed and held out her own hand. He took hold of it and lead her up the stairs.

She didn't like the creaking sound below them nor the dark corners.
There was a bright light in front of Iwaizumi and they eventually entered the open space that was lit up by an open hole in the wall.
"Since this place burned down, the second floor kinda has holes like this," he told her.
They walked over to the gap in the building and she let out a breathy chuckle at the ground below them.

"We're gonna fall," she told him.
"No, it's okay. I've sat on the edge before for like an hour. It's pretty sturdy."
They put their hand on the wall around the gap and peered down into the open-world below them.
"It's really pretty," she mumbled.
"Yeah, but the best part is over there."

He stepped a little further out, making Naomi protest.
"It's okay, the roof is sturdy, come out."
"Iwaizumi, won't people see us?"
"It's okay. I've gone out her a bunch. Don't worry so much."
She slowly stepped out with him.
"Since when were you such a delinquent?"
"I'm allowed to have a little fun too."

He helped her step up onto the sturdy parts of the roof and lead her around.
He pointed to a house with a big fence around it in the distance.
"That house is owned by this really old lady who got married here. She has a huge flower garden but you can't see it unless you get higher than her fence."
"How do you know that?"
He smiled while leading her over to the best view.
"My mom and I house-sat her before since she has cats and flowers to take care of."
"Oh."
"Look, down there."

She looked down at the large flower garden that was surrounded by a large fence.
"Woah, that's beautiful."
"Yeah. I know you like flowers, so I wanted to show you the best garden I know of."
"Iwaizumi."
The two lowered themselves onto the roof to keep balance. Their hands gripped onto each other as Naomi peered around at the large home he had brought her to see.

"Thank you for treating me today," Iwaizumi laughed, "I'm glad I got to spend time with you."
"I just think a moody Iwaizumi would be hard to handle."
"I'm sorry I told you not to be our manager. I think you'll really help us."
"I don't think I'm that big a help."
"Anyone who can stop Oikawa from picking fights is worth keeping around."

Iwaizumi leaned in and Naomi let him kiss her.
"You're coming on the senior trip, right?"
She nodded.
"Every third year looks forward to it. Why wouldn't I go?"
"Just wanted to make sure. Wouldn't want you to be alone."
Iwaizumi started to kiss her again.

Naomi breathed in the crisp air around them. She wished she hadn't gone on this date, but at the same time, Iwaizumi was making her happier than she's ever been.

If only she realized that herself.

┅ ┅ ┅

Heyyo, I think I'll start doing an update schedule for this, but of course, this could change as the year progresses. I think I might do every Wednesday, but we'll have to see. This may seem a bit filler-ish, but I have big plans for the next chapter! Thanks for Reading!
-May