𝟭𝟱 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi had struggled to go down the stairs of the old building more than go up them.
Iwaizumi couldn't help but make fun of her for it.
She let him hold her hand as they exited out to the street where she saw Iwaizumi take a deep breath.

"Smells like coffee."
"There's a coffee shop over there I think."
He looked to where she was pointing and began to pull her along.
"Let's get something to drink before I walk you home."
She let him take control as they walked towards the thick coffee smell which had attracted other people as well.
"We can sit at the rooftop dining, that be cool."
Naomi nodded, wishing she had insisted to go home by herself. She knew, however, that he'd never let her do that.

"Tell me what you want and you can go get a table upstairs," he grinned, rubbing her back a little too far down.
"Doesn't matter to me. I don't usually drink coffee."
"Noted, I think I know what you'll like."
She let out a breathy chuckle and went upstairs to secure them both a seat.
It was beside the balcony which was tied up in small bulb lights, making the place glow as the dark sky started to approach.

While leaning over the balcony, Naomi checked her phone, hoping to see if Riko could make an excuse for her to get out of here before things escalated too far.
"Naomi?"
Turning her head, Riko was there, approaching her.
"What brings you here?"
Naomi, at a loss for words, just searched her friend's face. Her eyes lowered to her outfit, which was much more dressy than Riko's usual wardrobe.
"I'm here...with someone."

Riko nodded.
"Me too. I'm here with Tōru-Kun."
"Huh?"
Riko pointed her thumb over to Oikawa, who waved from his seat.
"Why are you with him?" Naomi asked, her voice more stern than usual.
"He asked me to get some coffee so I said yes. He's obsessed with the milk bread here. Kinda a real dork."
"Is that so?"
"Yeah, Who are you here with?"
"Iwaizumi."

Riko smiled wide, pushing at Naomi's shoulder.
"Is my girl on a date, then? That's cute."
"It's...well yeah I guess."
Naomi's chest sank when she saw Oikawa coming over to join her and her friend.
"Hey, Itsu-Chan! Iwa-Chan told me you asked him on a date?"
Her throat clogged up and all she could do was look at his coco eyes reflecting the lights on the railing.
"Yeah, it's cute, isn't it?" Riko giggled, "very forward."

Oikawa laughed at the pink growing on Naomi's cheeks, the real reason unbeknownst to him.
"Oh, Naomi," Riko asked, "could I see your phone for a moment? Tōru-Kun's died and I don't have mine."
"Yeah, Uh, sure."
Oikawa moved in between the two girls, standing close to Naomi while watching Riko text on the device.
"My mom told me to text her, but my dumbass left it at home. Tōru-Kun also has no sense of battery preservation."
"Not my fault my phone kept blowing up, didn't mean to ruin the mood," Oikawa defended, "Sorry I'm so popular."

Riko rolled her eyes as she held out Naomi's phone to the owner. Before Naomi could take it, however, Tōru snatched it up, making her freak out.
"Oikawa-San!"
He turned his back and held up the phone, making her tug on his arms.
"Give it!"
"I wanna text Iwa-Chan! Do you think he'll be all flustered if I send a flirty text? You like him flustered, right Itsu-Chan?"
"Oikawa! Give it back please!"
Typing above his head while Riko crossed her arms like a disappointed mother, Naomi kept pulling on Oikawa so she could reach her phone.

"Give me a second! Just one!" He giggled, "it'll be funny, Itsu!"
Oikawa's taunting game continued until his arm got tugged by a stronger hand than that had tried before.
"Oikawa-" Iwaizumi tried to intervene, but instead, Oikawa lost his grip on Naomi's phone and it dropped down the balcony, hitting the concrete below.

Everyone became silent as Naomi looked over the edge at her phone which was flat against the concrete.
"Itsu-Chan," Oikawa quietly said, "I'm sorry."
She really didn't know how to feel. Iwaizumi was busy slapping the back of Oikawa's head for her to even get angry about it.

Naomi went downstairs to retrieve her phone before returning back to her group.
"How is it?" Oikawa asked, still getting glared at by Iwaizumi.
"It still works. The screen is just cracked."
She sighed as she sat down with her friends. Her boyfriend put her drink in front of her.
"Make him pay for it," Riko smiled. Oikawa held his hands to his face.
"Itsu-Chan! I'm so broke! I'll do anything else!"
"You don't have to pay for it," Naomi blushed, "it still works. It's okay, Oikawa-San."

Riko took hold of Oikawa's arm.
"Maybe we should go. I think my mom would want me home by now."
Oikawa held his hand out towards Naomi.
"But we were all having fun! This is a fun double date, Riko-Chan!"
Naomi's chest tightened, her hands squeezing at the hem of her skirt.
"Dumbass!" Riko slapped Oikawa's head.
"Owwie! I thought I could tell them!"
Iwaizumi took a long sip of his coffee.
"You can't have secrets with Oikawa, Riko. Surprised he got this far."
"I should've known you couldn't keep your mouth shut."

Naomi's stern eyes couldn't tear away from her friend. Every time Riko's hand held onto Oikawa, all she wanted was to tear her away.
"You two are dating?"
The two stopped at Naomi's break of silence.
"Not officially," Riko answered, "we're just on a date."
Standing up, she pulled Oikawa with her.
"Let's get going. Naomi deserves some time with her boyfriend."

Naomi watched them depart, her hands still tense.
"Surprised he had the guts to do it," Iwaizumi chuckled, continuing to drink.
"Huh?"
"Well, he tried so desperately to get her attention for years. He finally just asked her out like a normal person."
Naomi unclenched her hands but her heart still hurt.
"You knew he liked her?"
"Yeah? Dumbass tells me everything. Him pointing Riko out to me is sorta how I noticed you. Guess you could thank Oikawa for us being together."

Iwaizumi laughed, so she awkwardly laughed back.
Naomi wanted nothing more than to leave.
Naomi wanted nothing more than to be the one in Oikawa's eyes.