𝟭𝟵 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗮

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

"When you get back, you should apply for that scholarship we were looking at."
Naomi nodded as she put her luggage into her mother's car.
"Since we decided it's the best one, you should apply to them first."
"Since you decided," she mumbled, not reaching her mom's ears.

Getting into the car, her mom continued to talk even though Naomi didn't contribute.
"Of course if we're going for lawyer, the one in Tokyo will be better, so we can also apply there."
"Yep."
"I just want to make sure you go somewhere good, dear."
"You haven't asked what I want though."
"You base your decisions on feelings. You can't pick this stuff off feelings."
"Right..."
Naomi's parents had always brushed her off. Her feelings always had to match that of her parents, otherwise, they weren't correct.
Feelings in her household weren't things to care about, as they were weaknesses for success.

"I'm sure Riko is picking a school in Tokyo. She's always talking about going into advanced maths down there."
"Can we not talk about Riko?"
"Why not? You should talk to her about this stuff too."
"I bet you wish she was your daughter," Naomi hissed quietly.
"What'd you say?"
"Nothing important."
Pulling into the school, Naomi was ready for the end of the conversation as listening to her mother go on and on about colleges was becoming unbearable.

"Our family always go for what they want, honey. No matter what it takes to succeed, we do it. I want you to be the greatest you can be."
"Uh-huh."
Unlocking the car before it had even come to a complete stop, Naomi hopped out, almost tripping on her feet.
"Naomi!" Her mom slammed on the breaks, the car lurching forward.
Naomi pulled open the trunk, getting her stuff and starting to walk towards her classmates who were gathered by the gates.
"Naomi, wait!"

Her heart fluttered as she looked behind at her mom.
She placed her hands on her daughter's shoulders.
"I'll apply for the Tokyo schools while you're gone, okay?"
Naomi grimaced.
"Is...is that all?"
"You should finish your portfolio while you're there if you can."
Naomi nodded, letting out a sigh of disappointment. "Yeah, sure."
"Okay, goodbye."

She watched her drive off, voices filling the air behind her.
"Love you too."
Naomi sighed again before two hands covered her eyes.
"Good morning," the voice said, a smile clearly on their lips.
"Good morning, Iwaizumi," she softly smiled back, turning to face him, "I'm glad to see you."
"I'm a little too excited," Iwaizumi blushed, "I get an entire week to spend alone time with you."
Naomi could feel her heart warm just at his presence. She wrapped her arms around his neck, trying to rid of the anger she was mellowing in earlier.

"I'm so excited too," she admitted, "do you know if Oikawa is here yet?"
"Yeah and he cried because Riko didn't bring him milk bread as she promised."
"Poor him," she mumbled, eyes trailing over his shoulder in search of Oikawa's pretty face. Her stomach twisted as she watched him mingle with the other third-years, his charismatic smile making people flock towards him.
She wanted his attention so badly, but whenever he did talk to her, she always wondered if Iwaizumi was right. Was he just playing around or was he trying to break into something that wasn't his?

She hadn't known Oikawa to be a home-wrecker, only a heart-breaker. Naomi felt her throat go dry when his eyes locked on them for a moment like he was begging her to walk over and join.
"Third-year trip," Iwaizumi sighed, holding her hand and leading her over to the groups, "we're getting old."
"Don't be nostalgic. I hate that."
He chuckled before Oikawa had wormed his way behind them and slung his arms over the couple's shoulders.
"I see our lovers are going to be together, huh?" He teased, his head tilted more towards Naomi. She felt the trickle of his cold breath, making her hair stand up.
"Be quiet," Iwaizumi shushed him, slapping away his friend. "Itsuwaru doesn't want the entire grade to know."
"No to mention the teachers," Oikawa gasped jokingly, his arm still around Naomi. His chest leaned into her shoulder, on the cusp of a backward embrace. "If they know you're dating they definitely won't let you leave your rooms at night."

Naomi could feel the blood rush to her face, the idea of doing such a thing. She didn't even know if she wanted to. Was secret late-night boyfriend meetups a thing she needed to do?
Her mind buzzed with other possibilities, people in the night she might run into other than Iwaizumi.
"Right," she awkwardly chuckled, "and I'll be keeping an eye on Riko and you."
Iwaizumi held back his laughter, slapping his hand to his face as Oikawa became flustered, turning away.
"I wouldn't do such a thing," Oikawa huffed, making Iwaizumi roll his eyes.

Iwaizumi grabbed his bag and Naomi's, handing it off to a teacher who was packing the bus.
While Iwaizumi's attention was away, Oikawa leaned his lips back to Naomi's ear.
"I wouldn't do such a thing unless she wanted me to."
Her chest tightened, throat clogging up as such a sentence made her both embarrassed and weirded out. She didn't know why he was doing such a thing. Why would he say that right now?
What if Iwaizumi heard? What if Riko was listening in?

"Don't-don't-," Naomi stuttered, unable to come up with the comeback that she wanted. "You should find Riko."
She forcefully pulled away from him, stumbling back to Iwaizumi.
"Itsu, I was thinking-are you okay?"
He looked at her pink, freckled cheeks. Brushing a stray curl behind her ear, he held her close.
"Is something wrong?"
"No! No," she insisted, "I've just-I've never-been to the beach."
"You're lying," he chuckled, "you must be."
Awkwardly rubbing the nape of her neck, she laughed back, "my family aren't the vacation type. I've been, just never for enjoyment."

His hand ran through her curls, "well I'm glad we get to enjoy it together."
The third-years boarded their bus, ready for a week at the beach together.
Oikawa was the most on edge the entire ride, being upset at practice that he would miss and Riko forgetting to buy his snack before arriving.
Naomi, despite holding hand with Iwaizumi most of the way, still couldn't get Oikawa's words out of her mind.
She hated the way they were making her feel.

Something just felt wrong, a weird twist in her stomach and stiffness of her jaw whenever she thought about it.
Naomi liked the way Iwaizumi cared about how she felt and lying about her feelings always made her feel sick.

She still had this nauseating feeling when they arrived at their condos for boys and girls, separated by an alley and yard that led down to the beach.
"I'll see you at dinner," Iwaizumi squeezed her hand before leaving her side.
"You good?"
Naomi looked at Riko who placed her head on her friend's shoulder.
"You barely spoke at all. Not like you."
"Sorry. I had-a fight with my mom."
"Yikes. That lady scares me."

Riko and Naomi got a room together where even at nightfall, Riko couldn't get over the silent nature of her friend.
"Naomi!" She cheered, jumping on the bed where Naomi was reading from her phone. "What's wrong?!"
Riko hugged Naomi's knees, pouting like a child.
"Nothing. I'm-I'm okay."
"You'll get to see Iwaizumi-Kun in the morning," Riko laughed, poking her cheek.
"I know."
"Shirtless," she whispered, kicking her feet up and down.

"Riko?" Naomi set her phone aside, leaning in, the girls' noses almost touching.
"Hm?"
"Do you love Oikawa?"
Riko hummed, placing her hands on her cheeks.
"I don't know. I've known him for so long, but I'm not good at calling things love."
"But, you do have a crush on him?"
Riko gave a big smile, "yeah!"

She didn't know why she didn't expect it. Riko had known Oikawa and Iwaizumi before her.
She felt even sicker at the idea of Riko perfectly willing to give up Oikawa for her. How long had she suppressed these feelings just for her sake?
"Good for you," Naomi nodded shortly, "Hope that goes well."

Omg, I am so sorry for the delay. I didn't mean to forget about this, but I was finished up two of my biggest works and I guess I lost track of it all. I'm gonna give a few updates for loss of time. Thanks for supporting me!
-May