𝟮 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi felt her body stop moving. It felt everything around her was frozen. Riko didn't make an effort to speak. No words would make her feel any better.
Naomi slipped her hands away and started to walk away, her feet heavy as each step felt like a weight on her body. She seemed to be heading outside to the courtyard which also was occupied at lunchtime. It was mostly second-years out there, but Naomi didn't care. She just couldn't go to lunch and sit at the same table as the boy who had admitted to not liking her back.

Riko returned to the cafeteria, understanding that Naomi needed her time alone.
She pulled out her milk bread and a can of green tea, sitting at the edge of the table.
Oikawa saw her and slid down the bench, sitting by her side.
"Riko-San? Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, sorry. My friend is just upset with me," she lied, hoping to not hint too hard that Naomi now knew about Oikawa's feelings.
"Why is she upset with you? If you don't mind me asking. You're really cool."
Riko looked over at the boy and his smile. He was trying desperately to make her smile back.

"I do mind."
"Oh, okay."
Riko tore off a piece of bread and stuffed it in her mouth. The gentle crumble of the wrapping as she set the loaf down filled the silence that was weaving its way into her ears.
A large weight situation itself on the other side of the table. It was quick and fast and had shaken Riko in her seat, getting her attention.
"Oh sup, Iwaizumi-Kun."
Iwaizumi looked down the table then back at Riko.
"Where's Itsuwaru-San?"
Riko stuffed more bread in her mouth, making her next words hard to hear.
"She's eating lunch outside today," she replied. Oikawa was still listening in. She can't make it obvious.

"Why's she eating out there?" Iwaizumi asked, "I had saved a seat for her."
"Itsuwaru is the one with curly hair. Right, Riko-San?"
Riko looked in between the two boys who were asking questions.
"Yes, she is and she just wanted to get some fresh air today."
Oikawa slapped the table and then pointed up at his friend.
"I had forgotten! Her name really slipped my mind, but I remember now! You had mentioned her hair to me before!"
Riko looked at Iwaizumi as his eyes begged Oikawa to stop talking.

Oikawa chuckled and put his arm around Riko, dipping his head to reach her ear. He spoke loud enough for both people to hear him.
"In case you weren't aware, Iwa-Chan has had the biggest crush on-"
"Hey!" Iwaizumi slammed his fist on the table, "You don't just go around telling people shit like that!"
"But seeing you embarrassed is rare! Anyway, Iwa-Chan has had the biggest crush on that girl. He tells me all about how-"
Iwaizumi has already stood and tried to pry Oikawa out of his seat.
Oikawa held a grip on the table and continued to talk while Iwaizumi pulled him back by his sweater.

"He tells me about how he wants to run his hands through her curls and that he wants to count her freckles. Oh not to mention that he once-"
Oikawa let out a small scream as his back hit the harsh floor of the lunchroom.
Oikawa's legs were up in the air and fell down as Iwaizumi dragged him away towards the trash cans.